WASHINGTON — Mr. and Mrs. Gene Goodrid, 413 E. Flora St., Washington, will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary on June 25. Mr. and Mrs. Goodrid were married June 25, 1942, by Rev. Oscar T. Nichols at the Methodist parsonage at Morganfield, Ky. Mrs. Goodrid is the former Dorothy Ann Witherspoon, daughter of the late James “Gene” and Una Witherspoon, and Mr. Goodrid is the son of the late Victor and Edith Goodrid. They are the parents of six daughters and sons-in-law, Sherry and John Ricks of Washington, Vicki and Jim Wood of Plainfield, Cindy and Blaine Kalberer of Washington, Sandy and Adrian Davis of Avon, Patty and Tim Riker and Peggy and Clif Wilson, all of Washington. They have 14 grandchildren, 23 great-grandchildren, and two great-great-grandchildren. They will celebrate with their family Sunday, June 24, with church and a dinner.
Van and Joy Spry celebrate 50th anniversary
The children and grandchildren of Van and Joy Spry will host an open house to celebrate the couple's 50th wedding anniversary from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 3 at the Simon Graber Complex. All friends and family are invited. No gifts please, just the hono
Mauders to celebrate 50 years
Mauder Clifford and Jean Mauder will celebrate 50 years of marriage on Saturday. They were married at the Loogootee United Methodist Church on June 14, 1964. Attendants for the couple were Jim Cannon, Jack Inman, Patricia Mumma and Phyllis Fields. Th
Knepps celebrate 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Simon Knepp will be celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary Sunday, Dec. 29, with a reception at the Bethel Mennonite Church, Odon, from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. The reception will be hosted by their children, Mrs. Steve (Diane) Summers of Wa
Sumners celebrate 50 years
Tom Sumner and Patricia Benge were married Nov. 11, 1963, in Washington. They are the parents of two children, Tom Sumner Jr. and Anthony Sumner. They have one grandson. They will celebrate their anniversary with a cruise to the Caribbean.
- Arney 50th anniversary Arney 50th anniversary Verlin and Leoka Arney, 522 Third St., Elnora, will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary on Oct. 16. They were married Oct. 16, 1963. They will celebrate with a private celebration with their family. The couple have two chi
Williams celebrate 70th anniversary
Kendall and Jean Williams will celebrate their 70th wedding anniversary at a reception hosted by their family in the fellowship hall of First Christian Church from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday. They were married Oct. 13, 1943, by Rev. W.B. J
Pershings celebrate 65th anniversary
Wilbur and Evelyn (Flinn) Pershing, 4319N 50W, West Lafayette, IN 47906, will celebrate their 65th wedding anniversary. There were married Oct. 10, 1948. They are the parents of four children, Gary (deceased), Woody (Debbie)
- Sherficks celebrate 65 years Mr. and Mrs. Gene Sherfick Mr. and Mrs. Gene Sherfick of Shoals celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary Sept. 3. Gene and Eldean (Wininger) were married Sept. 3, 1948, by Rev. T.R. Potts at Bedford. Their attendants were James and Helen (Wininger)
- Hinkles celebrate 60 years Mr. and Mrs. Hinkle Ray and Sharon Hinkle, 9105N 100E, Washington, were united in marriage Sept. 12, 1953. They will celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary with a private celebration with their family. The couple has four children Darla (Hinkle) an
John and Shirley Lewandowski will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. June 29 at the Washington Eagles Club.
- More Anniversaries Headlines
- Van and Joy Spry celebrate 50th anniversary