Sumners celebrate 50 years
Tom Sumner and Patricia Benge were married Nov. 11, 1963, in Washington. They are the parents of two children, Tom Sumner Jr. and Anthony Sumner. They have one grandson. They will celebrate their anniversary with a cruise to the Caribbean.
- Lawyers celebrate 50th anniversary Mr. and Mrs. Charles Lawyer Charles E. and Linda (Roach) Lawyer will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Oct. 27 with a reception from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Celebrations, located at Tanger Outlet, 357 Tanger Blvd., Seymour, on US 50E. The couple w
- Hughes celebrate 45 years Mr. and Mrs. Robert Hughes Robert and Darlene Hughes will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Their greatest accomplishment is their children and grandchildren. Their marriage serves as the true definition of love.
- 50th Anniversary Leonard Jack and Carol Leonard will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary with an open house from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 13, at Cherry Tree Court Apartments Community Bldg., 376 S 100 E, Washington. All friends and family are invited to att
- Bradleys celebrate 50 years Bradley 50th Harold and Donna (Mattingly) Bradley were married by Rev. James Clemans 50 years ago on Sept. 28, 1963, at St. Simon's Church. The best man and maid of honor were Chester Case and Patricia (Mattingly) Nolley. They are the parents of thre
- SLIDESHOW: Amazing jack-o-lantern designs For pumpkin-carving pros, the standard spooky face design just isn’t enough. Check out these photos of elaborate and creative jack-o-lanterns.
- Daviess County Council approves additional funds The Daviess County Council met Thursday to vote on additional appropriations requested by county departments.
- Messmer learning ropes at Statehouse INDIANAPOLIS — Rep. Mark Messmer, R-Jasper, grabs his suit coat and pulls it on as he leaves his wooden-encased cubicle on the second floor of the House of Representatives’ office. He goes to the first floor and to a similar cubicle inhabited by one of his 99 House colleagues, Rep. Dennie Oxley Sr., D-Taswell.
- Junior Acheivement volunteers entering schools Students tend to view their teachers as “part of the chalkboard,” according to Junior Achievement program manager Courtney Hahn. So sending volunteers into classrooms through Junior Achievement helps business and economics lessons come alive for them.
- Sumners celebrate 50 years