Ron Morgan, former chief deputy of the Daviess County Sheriff’s Department, was sentenced this morning in Vanderburgh County Circuit Court.
Morgan’s attorney, John A. Goodridge of Evansville requested that Judge Carl A. Heldt treat the Class D felony charge of ghost employment as a Class A misdemeanor. Heldt granted the request and sentenced Morgan to one year of probation.
For more on the case, see Wednesday’s Times Herald.
- Breaking News
Fears' suit against Pike school board dismissed
EVANSVILLE — A federal judge threw out former Otwell Elementary Principal Rick Fears' suit against the Pike County School Corporation on Wednesday.
- Two dead after Bicknell shooting BICKNELL – At approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, Indiana State Police, Knox County Sheriff’s Office and Bicknell Police responded to 707 Durbin Street in Bicknell after a 33-year-old Knox County man was shot and killed during an argument with an
- Accident claims life at Camp Illiana One person is dead following an accident at a popular Daviess County camp. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department has confirmed that Camp Illiana Executive Director David Bean died in an accident late Monday morning at the camp at 723E 450S. Authori
2 sought in Greene County murder
NEWARK - Two men are being sought by the Indiana State Police in connection with a murder in Greene County.
According to a release from the Indiana State Police, the Greene County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call reporting David Lamm, 54, Solsberry, had been killed at his residence.
- Both sides in Ukraine deny shooting down plane KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — A Ukrainian official said a passenger plane carrying 295 people was shot down Thursday as it flew over the country and plumes of black smoke rose up near a rebel-held village in eastern Ukraine. Malaysia Airlines tweeted that it
Official: Malaysian plane shot down over Ukraine
KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — A Ukrainian official said a passenger plane carrying 295 people was shot down Thursday over a town in the east of the country, and Malaysian Airlines tweeted that it lost contact with one of its flights over Ukrainian airspace.
- Alliance Barrier officially marks first I-69 jobs Alliance Barrier Films cut the ribbon Friday and are the first manufacturing plant along the southern half of I-69. The $25 million facility opening was part of a ceremony that announced plans for a 40,000 to 60,000-square foot building along Washing
Cavs agree to multiplayer, 3-team trade
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Cavaliers have created salary cap space to make sure they have enough to offer LeBron James a maximum contract. A person familiar with the deals says the Cavs have agreed to trade guard Jarrett Jack, swingman Sergey Karasev and c
- Leathers, locals protest clerk's same-sex marriage decision It all started last week when Shawn Colvin went to the Daviess County Courthouse to get a marriage license, one of the first same-sex marriage licenses to be issued after the decision to allow the licenses was made by the state. Simple enough except
- Former Daviess County judge dies Daviess County's first female judge has died. Judith Dwyer, who was both judge of the Daviess County Court and Daviess Superior Court died at her home Saturday at the age of 75. Dwyer was remembered by friends and colleagues as both a community leade
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Fears' suit against Pike school board dismissed