- Breaking News
Area Mine closing
CORNING — The roar of trucks and drag lines is drawing to a close at the Viking Mine in southwestern Daviess County. Peabody Energy has filed a notice with the state of its plans to shut down the entire mine operation.
Ellis gets 6 years in drug bust
The first of 15 offenders arrested in a September multi-state meth bust was sentenced Wednesday.
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
17-year-old killed in shooting in Washington
A 17-year-old male has been killed in a shooting in the City of Washington during the overnight hours.
- Joy Mitchell Joy Griffin Mitchell, 83, Henderson, Kentucky, went to be with the Lord at 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 2, 2013, at her home after a long and courageous battle with cancer. She was a member of Immanuel Baptist Temple and also a charter member of Calvary Bapti
- Vikings down Hatchets in season opener The traditional start to the high school basketball season opened at the Hatchet House on Wednesday. The No.1 Class A Barr-Reeve Vikings used a double-digit rebounding advantage and the athleticism of senior Micah Bullock to post a 53-42 win over the
- Governor Pence tours tornado damage While residents in Washington scrambled to pick up the pieces of a terrifying tornado Governor Mike Pence came in to survey the damage and hear their stories. Washington was one of the stops on a tour of damage around the state created by a supercell
- Businesses hit hard near W. National Highway Many businesses on the west side of Washington were heavily damaged after a tornado swept through the area Sunday afternoon around 3:30. Crackers Powersports, 400 W. National Highway, sustained severe damage to its entire building. The entire rear
- Ways to help those in need Ways to help those in need BY Lindsay Owens Times Herald Several organizations have offered to assist people in need after a tornado swept through the west side of Washington wrecking havoc on homes and businesses. The Kingdom Life Church, locate
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Area Mine closing