- Breaking News
Man killed in country tour bus accident
At 1:28 a.m. Monday the Knox County Sheriff's Department received a report of a personal injury accident involving a pedestrian that had walked out into the middle of U.S. 41 North just north of Vincennes near the Old U.S. 41 intersection and was struck by a bus.
18-year-old loses life in accident
LOOGOOTEE - A 18-year-old man lost his life in a one-vehicle accident on Sunday.
- Barr-Reeve volleyball defeats Loogootee in four games MONTGOMERY -- One could call the latest chapter of the Barr-Reeve/Loogootee volleyball rivalry as a battle of the irresistible force against the immovable object. Barr-Reeve plays a fast pace of volleyball, with only one girl measuring above 5'8. Lo
- Klan group drops leaflets in city A group claiming to belong to the Ku Klux Klan dropped leaflets in the city Monday and over the weekend. Although the act is protected under the rights of free speech, it nevertheless startled many residents. Washington police picked up 30 to 40 pack
Wiretaps, info led to drug arrests
Court documents filed for several defendants in Tuesday's large meth bust reveal a large drug network that delivered meth from California to Daviess County. Probable cause affidavits were filed in state cases against the 15-person drug ring.
- 15 charged in multi-state meth bust Local, state and federal authorities have charged 15 individuals in a three-state meth bust on Tuesday. According to a release from the Daviess County Sheriff's Department, a multi-agency task force served arrest warrants for 14 individuals in connec
- Man alleged to have beaten grandmother in car theft A Washington man is in jail after allegedly beating his grandmother with a decorative rock and then stealing her car. Christopher Charles Archer, 33, 915 N.E. Fourth St., is now in custody at the Daviess County Security Center for charges related to
Bomb threat leads to evacuations
A threatening note led officials to empty both the Washington High and Junior High School around 1:40 p.m.
Illinois body may be linked to missing Indiana woman
A man who lived near a southwest Indiana woman last seen leaving a grocery store showed police where the woman's car had crashed and has been arrested, authorities said.
Crane workers to see less furlough days
CRANE — Workers at Crane received the confirmation they have been waiting for as the Department of Defense announced furlough days will be cut from 11 to six, meaning workers at one of southwestern Indiana's largest employers will only have two more unpaid days to serve.
- More Breaking News Headlines
- Man killed in country tour bus accident