- HJR-3 may pass here, but bad for Indiana This week, discussion and debate at the Statehouse has centered on House Joint Resolution 3, a resolution that would put the same-sex marriage ban in the Indiana Constitution. The resolution, which passed the Indiana House this week, is set to begin
- Seattle will win its first Super Bowl We're more than halfway through Super Bowl week and the hyperbole has reached its usual ridiculous plateau. If you haven't been paying attention here's a recap — Marshawn Lynch is a jerk, Peyton Manning's legacy depends on this game and Richard Sherm
- Montana still the G.O.A.T. It's the time of year again. I don't mean the lead up to the Super Bowl, but the time when we talk ourselves to death about Peyton Manning's legacy. We simply can't help it, but to compare Manning to fellow great quarterbacks Joe Montana, Dan Marino,
- Why we asked for the records There is one court in the United States that controls everything inside and outside its chambers. Those covering that court's proceedings have to get permission from the court to cover actions therein. And, when reporters ask for records, they most g
- We must come together to end drug violence We must come together to end drug violence Dear Editor: Seventeen years ago, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy. With his deep blue eyes and curly blonde hair, he looked like an angel. I had him at a time when I was struggling with life. That nigh
- Green Candy: A toddler's holiday reflection You might think my age (2 and a half years) would be a disadvantage when it comes to writing, but it isn't. I can't yet speak fluent English, but I can write with the best of the area's literary rug rats. In fact, after my last column ran in the Time
- Are you making good on your New Year's resolutions? It's that time of the year...the time for resolutions. Are you going to lose weight? Get healthier by getting in better shape? Quit smoking? Be better organized? Or perhaps all of the above. After years and years of making resolutions and breaking th
- Friends of the Library holds annual meeting The Friends of the Library held its annual meeting Jan. 14 at the library. Refreshments were furnished by Janet Goodwin, Mary Goss and Diane Gill. There were 18 members present. The purpose of the Friends of the Washington Carnegie Public Library was
Those winter blues?
I am starting to feel a little fatigued. Normally after a healthy dose of green vegetables and a little club soda, I'm back to feeling better. But I believe this case of the winter blues is just outside my locus of control.
- The secret life of Mr. Banks and Saving Walter Mitty Most everyone has a New Year's Eve tradition. It's probably a safe bet to say that most of those traditions include a nice dinner followed up with a movie or a trip to the local bar. Rather than braving the crowds anxiously waiting in the movie thea
- More Columns Headlines