- A new way to watch television As a society we love entertainment. Some people like to read books, some people like to play sports and some like to watch television. Over past few decades, television consumption has become the dominant form of entertainment for many people. Like
- A NASCAR trip with more right turns than left ones So it begins the tale the beloved boyfriend would rather go the rest of his existence without hearing. Our trip to Bristol for the NASCAR race will be embedded in our minds forever. When I arrived at the home of the beloved boyfriend late Thursday ev
Vick not the right QB in Philly
In sports people hate new things, because it scares them. So often coaches and general managers want to keep doing the same thing over and over again, even if it continues to yield negative results. When a group of people come up with new ideas that challenge the construct of how things have been done for decades we get a “Old School” vs. “New School” debate where nobody wins.
- Life in the box, just a different type This is my first column with the Washington Times Herald, and I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself. As someone who has lived in the media box most of my life this should not take very long. The place to start, Burlington Elementary.
- Close the book on President Obama I actually began this column in April but set it aside after the first couple of hundred words because I felt it was premature to write off a President only a few months after his inauguration for a second term. Recent events, however, have compelled
- A war with the door and the door won Back in the late 70s I thought of myself as a lover not a fighter (remember the key phrase there is "thought of myself"). I was more interested in laying down some sweet Jimi Hendrix's riffs on my guitar for the ladies than I was getting into some ug
- Remembering the best of the best This Friday will be the eighth edition of the Hwy. 57 Helmet rivalry football game between North Daviess and Washington. Like every rivalry game, it takes a little time to get going and last year's two-day, overtime victory was one of the most exciti
- September Scholarships Wendy's High School Heisman Award -- The award recognizes outstanding male and female high school students who excel in: academics, athletics and leadership. Seniors who have at least a "B" average and participate in at least one school-sponsored spo
- BBQ My Way: Back to basics with pulled pork Recently I spoke at a local Rotary club about BBQ and grilling. Before getting started, I always ask for a show of hands of gas versus charcoal grillers so I know what areas to cover. Obviously is useless to discuss the process of creating legit "Q"
- Never pass on opportunities to help your children Do you remember your favorite back-to-school outfit from second grade? Or your favorite teacher? She may have been the one with the carpeted reading area in the corner. My second grade teacher, Yolanda Boyd, had such a rug. It was made of several col
- More Columns Headlines