Business tax cut poor idea for middle income Hoosiers
Many years and a couple of comm- unities ago I knew a beautiful young woman. We would flirt and talk. I gave her gifts and money. Everything seemed to be in place for a budding relationship, but each time I tired to make a date, something came up.
Two stories put focus on First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
- A brief sampling of life's little anomalies Anomaly is a fine and useful word. Four syllables crammed into only seven letters. The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines anomaly as, "something different, abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified." (See that Rand Paul? It's not difficult
- Get excited for a cold weather Super Bowl I grew up in the small town of Griffith in the northwest section of Indiana, where winter his hard for four months every year from Thanksgiving until the first week of March. As miserable as copious amounts of snow the residents of the "219" or as so
- Still ready to cut the nets down at 90 The world was a different place on Dec. 14, 1923. It was before television, internet, trans-Atlantic flight, moon-walking, computers, the horrors of WWII or the social change that has essentially moved us from the end of the Victorian era to cyber-dr
- The times they are a-changin' Quick quiz -- When you think about racist hate speech what are the first five names you come up with? Was one of them Bob Dylan? I'll bet not, however, you would be wrong. Earlier this week, Dylan was charged by the French Government with "hate spee
- Friday's Community Calendar SATURDAY Euchre Fellowship Group, 6:30 p.m., The Barn, Odon. Narcotics Anonymous, noon to 1 p.m., Christ United Methodist Church, 104 N. Meridian St. Hoosier Hill Rug Hooking Guild, meet, 10:30 a.m., Washington Carnegie Public Library, 300 W. Main St
- Seattle is the class of the NFC The Seattle Seahawks are the best team in the NFC, and I'm not sure it's even particularily close at this time. Monday night the Seahawks eviserated Drew Brees and the New Orleans explosive offense with a 34-7 victory that served to put the rest of t
- Knowledge is more important than perception Knowledge is more important than perception Editor: I read the letter in the Nov. 27 editorial section of our local newspaper from a local resident concerning the emergency response by local agencies, volunteers, and first responders. I am disturbed
- A very, very happy birthday to me Today is my birthday. You may insert best wishes or cash here [sic]. Now, I have always believed that people should really celebrate the day they were born. After all, that is the day that marks the moment when we begin to utilize all the resources t
- More Columns Headlines
- Business tax cut poor idea for middle income Hoosiers