Iverson was one of a kind
Allen Iverson was as real as you come across from professional athletes. Iverson announced his retirement Thursday and there was plenty of talk about what he’ll be remembered for and what his legacy might be, or if he’s a Hall of Famer.
- Shopping at the P&TO After signing on as a substitute teacher, the young man was preparing to leave the school office when a female staffer suggested he might want to check out the nearby P&TO. At first he thought she was talking about a grassroots educational organizat
- Advancing the Navy in the Hoosier heartland As the month of August flies by, I am looking forward to the annual Indiana Legislative Tour at the Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC) in Crane, Ind. The event is coming up in just a little over one week and will provide an excellent opportunity for
- Son's first day at 'the big school' goes well My son Colin, 5, had his first day of kinder- garten Friday at "the big school," as he likes to call it. Like many parents, this day has been filled memories past and present. In the days leading up to Colin's big day at "the big school," I have trie
- Avoiding the school daze It seems like school starts earlier every year. However, all calendars aside, school is here again and there is not much anyone can do about it except sharpen pencils, put one's nose back in the books and pack an apple for the teacher. Unfortunately
Love of baseball still strong
I love baseball. For as long as I can remember there has been something about this game that has drawn me in and taken hold of me. Maybe it was my father's same love that made it easy for me to latch on to a sport, which many in my generation don't care about anymore. The numbers say baseball doesn't connect to young viewers anymore, but they've never lost my vote.
- More than just Pluto Water and 3-pointers For the most part, Tuesday seemed like just about any other day this summer in the Wabash Valley. However, If one had their ear to ground and pointed toward the southeast, one heard a pretty significant rumble. In French Lick (or West Baden if you wa
Manziel far from finished product
Johnny Manziel is just a kid. This has been the most inescapable fact during the college football offseason, which has seen Manziel go from a normal college student, who plays football, to a national celebrity in a very short time. He plays golf at Pebble Beach, visits Drake on tour and sits court side at NBA games.
- Hey everyone: Are you ready for some football? Are you ready for some football? If you are a Washington Hatchet football player then you had better be — because football has already started. In the last several years the Hatchets and coach Kelly Brashear and Co. have posted a successful run that have given them respect and credibility across Southwestern Indiana. They have beaten every conference foe except Jasper and sent multiple players on to success at the next level.
Landscaping in order at the Sims house
The Sims family recently decided that some landscaping was in order, and so the project began.
Perhaps you remember the stories of last summer when a new porch and room were added to the home that sits on the expansive quarter-acre lot. A new two-car garage had been the first step nearly two years ago.
- More Columns Headlines
- Iverson was one of a kind