15. Business card holder. The inscription on Kate Spade's silver plate business-card holder says it all: "Let's do lunch." Network away, young college grad. $20. www.bloomingdales.com.
16. Placemats. You might want to give these placemats before Christmas to showcase the holiday-red ikat pattern at this year's family dinner. Set of four, $34. www.cwonder.com.
17. iPad covers. A stylish gadget deserves a stylish cover, whether it's Jonathan Adler's funky orange pattern or Ame & Lulu's tamer geometric look. Adler's has a silicone backing while Ame & Lulu's has zippers and is available in green, orange and lavender trim. Jonathan Adler, $28.99, www.organize.com; Ame & Lulu,$48, www.ameandlulu.com.
18. Scratch maps. Help your favorite traveler keep a proud tally of places seen. Scratch off states or countries to reveal interstate highways, state capitals and bold colors. World map, $24 www.uncommongoods.com; U.S. map, $28.95 www.paper-source.com.
19. Tortoise glass nut bowl. A bowl this cute can be anything to anyone: a place for M&Ms during a party, a catch-all for the bedside, a jewelry holder for studs and bracelets. Buy one for yourself so you won't be jealous giving it to others. $24. www.cwonder.com.
20. Potted plants. Universal crowd-pleasers such as a small olive tree in a terra-cotta pot ($34) or a row of succulents in a wooden box ($48) are easy to care for and more creative than poinsettia or amaryllis. www.oliveandcocoa.com.