Judy Lowe, representing the Washington School Class of 1963, presents a surprise check for $1,600 to John Wilkins and Pat Douglas of the WHS Art department at the end of Friday’s school day.
- Carnegie Library hosts English high tea The Carnegie Public Library held its traditional closing English high tea for the participants of the Adult Summer Reading program. This is the fifth year for the program. There were 86 registered for the program and 77 finished the requirements to r
- DCH Aux holds July meeting The Daviess Community Hospital Auxiliary board met July 14. The meeting was called to order by reciting the Auxilian prayer and the pledge of allegiance. The minutes were read by the secretary and the treasurer’s report was given.Forty-eight voluntee
- Thursday's Area Briefs Right to Life paper driveThe Daviess County Right To Life will hold its bimonthly newspaper/aluminum can drive Saturday at the Old K-Mart parking lot in Washington from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.Drives are held the first Saturday of every other month (February
- What in the world is a glacial Esker? In a past column I featured a Dedicated State Nature Preserve with a very unique name. This was the Coastal Plain Ponds Nature Preserve in Jasper County. Another area also has a distinctive name. This is the Glacial Esker Nature Preserve in Noble Cou
- Tuesday's Area Briefs CorrectionThis year will be the 129th, not the 159th, Old Settlers celebration, as was printed in the Old Settlers story in the Friday edition of the Times Herald. Also David Beasley did not serve as the Grand Marshall. We regret the confusion.Counci
Van and Joy Spry celebrate 50th anniversary
The children and grandchildren of Van and Joy Spry will host an open house to celebrate the couple's 50th wedding anniversary from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 3 at the Simon Graber Complex. All friends and family are invited. No gifts please, just the hono
- Daviess County Court News Infractions James D. Allen, Washington, disregarding stop sign, $119.50. Donald R. Anderson, Evansville, speeding, $119.50. Kristi J. Barley, Washington, speeding, $119.50. Kaylee R. Bath, Washington, failure of occupant to use safety belt, $25. Jami
- Bledsoe makes dean's list at Anderson Megan Bledsoe of Washington has been named to the dean's list at Anderson University for the spring semester of the 2013-14 academic year. To be named to the dean's list, a student must earn a semester grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a scale
MAP: Local Yard Sales
Here are the local yard sales for this weekend. To get your yard sale on a future map, call 812-254-0480, ext. 111.
- TODAY's Area Briefs Hope House to give out food, clothesHope House, 704 W. Van Trees St., will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to give free food and clothing to anyone in need. Hope House is a ministry of Church on the Way.Commissioners to meet MondayDaviess County
- More Community Headlines