To further increase the security of its infants, Daviess Community Hospital Labor and Delivery, including the nursery, will now be a locked unit. Employees needing access to OB are in the fingerprint system located outside both entry doors. For all other staff, family and visitors, a phone is located to the right of the door. Pick up the handset, identify yourself and who you are there to see. The staff will assist you in entering.
- Disaster Recovery training to begin Persons interested in helping Indiana communities rebuild and recover following last fall's tornadoes and flooding - and from inevitable future disasters - are invited to attend a free "Disaster Recovery Training Day" to be held in Washington April 2
- Tri-Kappa Brush-In hits schools The annual Tri Kappa Brush-In was held this month at all local Washington and Daviess county elementary schools. Tri Kappa member and committee chairman Julie Walker said, "We were excited to add Barr-Reeve, North Daviess, and four local Amish school
- 'Sports' is the theme at Taste of Daviess County 'Sports' is the theme at Taste of Daviess County SPecial to TH
- Talbert honored by Girl Scouts At its recent annual meeting in Evansville, Girl Scouts of Southwest Indiana presented the national appreciation pin to Annette Talbert of Montgomery. The appreciation pin recognizes an individual's exemplary service in support of delivering the Gir
- Wednesday's Area Briefs Raffle tickets available There are still a few tickets remaining for the Washington Catholic spring raffle. Grand prize is a 2014 Nissan Versa or $12,000 plus four other prizes. Tickets are $50 each and only 850 will be sold. The drawing is Thursday
- Red Cross blood drive continues through May Red Cross blood drive continues through May Special to TH
- Monday Afternoon club meets The Monday Afternoon Club met April 7 at the library. President De Odell led the club collect and pledge to the flag. Members were reminded that next month's meeting begins with a catered lunch. Kimberly Wagner gave a commentary on the contrasting st
- Troyer-Lengacher open house An open house is planned for Saturday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Berea Hall, Cannelburg, in honor of the marriage of Julie (Troyer) and Fabian Lengacher. The couple was married March 22 in Sarasota, Fla., on a farm, "The Oaks of Windsong." The bride is
- Community Calendar SUNDAY Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., Central Christian Church, 10 W. Van Trees St Lighthouse Evangelistic Services, 9:15 a.m., Harvest Community Fellowship, 200 W. Main St. Lighthouse Addiction/Recovery Worship Services, noon and 7 p.m., Victory Tabe
MAP: Local Yard Sales
Here are the local yard sales advertised for this weekend. To get your yard sale on next week's map, call 254-0480, ext. 112!
- More Community Headlines