The Washington Times-Herald

December 18, 2013

Tornado victims need to report damage

The Washington Times-Herald

---- — The Indiana Department of Homeland Security and local county emergency management agencies are renewing a call for online damage reports from Hoosier individuals and businesses who sustained damage caused by severe weather on Nov.17.

This is for anyone who hasn’t reported damage yet in all Indiana counties.

Damage can be reported at: A link to the form is also available on the IDHS website at In the middle of the page under “Featured Topics,” click on “Report Damage from Severe Weather - November 17”.

The State of Indiana was recently denied federal disaster assistance from FEMA. As part of Indiana’s appeal to that decision, IDHS has requested joint preliminary damage assessments for other severely affected counties: Boone, Daviess, Fountain, Grant, and Tippecanoe. Some additional assessments will occur in Howard County. The assessments will begin Monday, and be conducted by FEMA, IDHS and county emergency management agencies.

Individuals will be asked to provide their name, address, phone number and type of damage the property sustained. Losses can include structural damage to homes and loss of personal property. Any Hoosier who has already reported damage online need not do so again.

For questions, contact your county emergency management agency.

Local agencies’ contact information is available at

Individuals without Internet access are encouraged to contact a friend, family member or neighbor for assistance.

Web access is also available at many libraries, religious institutions, community centers or other public facilities.

If none of those options is available, individuals may also contact their county emergency management agency to report damage.

This is NOT an application for a grant with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Information will be used to help local emergency management agencies and the Indiana Department of Homeland Security preliminarily assess damage to determine if federal assistance can be pursued.