Teachers at Griffith Elementary were surprised to learn Wednesday the school had been selected by associates of the Washington Walmart Supercenter to recieve $50 gift cards for their classrooms. The presentation was part of the company's Teacher Rewards Program that donates $4.5 million to teachers and schools across the country.
- Saturday's Area Briefs Washington City Council to meetThe Washington City Council will meet at 6:30 p.m. Monday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: final reading of ordinances dedicating streets in three subdivisions, fixing compensation of o
MAP: Local Yard Sales
Here are the local yard sales for the weekend of Aug. 23. To have your yard sale on a future map, call 812-254-0480, ext. 111.
- Recent real estate transfers Donald R. Frederick to Donald R. Frederick and Cathy Louise Shofner, pt. Lot 15 in Campbell's Second, pt. Lot 14 in Campbell's Second. Marjorie A. Carrico Estate and Marjorie Carrico to James E. Carrico Jr., Lots 32, 33, 34, and 35 in Hyatt Western
- Barber earns top honors at state fair Anna Barber of Washington received top honors at the 2014 Indiana State Fair competition on Aug. 10. She presented the speech "What does 4-H mean to me" in Junior Speech Public Speaking. She is the daughter of Mitch and Jacqueline Barber and Rhiannon
- Washington Nursing Center holds Towers breakfast Alisha Fellers with Washington Nursing Center served biscuits and gravy to the resident of Washington Towers on Aug. 20. Those attending were Marilyn Barrett, Barry and Cathy Baumert, Roberta Brock, Marie Cain, Debbie Fields, Mike Grannan, Rita Guy,
- Epsom high school grads hold reunion Graduates and classmates of Epsom High School met Aug. 9 at the Washington Community Building. Several came early for the continental breakfast. Lunch was served at noon. President Darrell Stoll conducted the business meeting. A memorial service was
- NAME celebrates anniversary Master Sergeant (Ret.) Christopher and Washington Native Patricia (Kelly) Wenzel were married in Elton, Maryland, on Sept. 13, 1989. She is the daughter of Wanda Sanders of Washington and the late Patrick Kelly. He is the son of Rayna Creath of Ellen
- Friends of the Library discuss future programs The Friends of the Washington Carnegie Public Library met Aug. 19 in the small meeting room at the library. There were 21 members present. Rick Chambon reported on the summer reading program. There were 86 patrons that registered and 70 participants
- Births from July 29 to Aug. 17 Elizabeth Cox July 29, 2014 Adam and Brittany Cox announce the birth of their daughter, Elizabeth James Cox. She was born at 3:38 p.m. July 29 at Memorial Hospital in Jasper. She weighed 6 lbs., 11 ozs. and was 19 3/4 inches long. She is welcomed by
- Friday''s Area Briefs Redevelopment, Commissioners to meetDaviess County Redevelopment Commission will meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Room at the courthouse.Daviess County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Room at the courthous
- More Community Headlines