“Helping the students to stand-up; not stand-by when someone is being bullied,” Jim Williams of callmejim.org gives a presentation on bullying to the third, fourth, fifth and sixth grade students of Griffith and Veale elementary schools on Wednesday. Williams also spoke at North and Lena Dunn elementary schools.
- NAME celebrates anniversary The children and grandchildren of Van and Joy Spry will host an open house to celebrate the couple's 50th wedding anniversary from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Aug. 3 at the Simon Graber Complex. All friends and family are invited. No gifts please, just the hono
- Daviess County Court News Infractions James D. Allen, Washington, disregarding stop sign, $119.50. Donald R. Anderson, Evansville, speeding, $119.50. Kristi J. Barley, Washington, speeding, $119.50. Kaylee R. Bath, Washington, failure of occupant to use safety belt, $25. Jami
- Bledsoe makes dean's list at Anderson Megan Bledsoe of Washington has been named to the dean's list at Anderson University for the spring semester of the 2013-14 academic year. To be named to the dean's list, a student must earn a semester grade point average of 3.5 or higher on a scale
MAP: Local Yard Sales
Here are the local yard sales for this weekend. To get your yard sale on a future map, call 812-254-0480, ext. 111.
- TODAY's Area Briefs Hope House to give out food, clothesHope House, 704 W. Van Trees St., will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to give free food and clothing to anyone in need. Hope House is a ministry of Church on the Way.Commissioners to meet MondayDaviess County
- Daviess County Court News Criminal Cases FiledState of Indiana v. Jody W. Williams, check deception. State of Indiana v. Danielle Lynn Runyan, illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.State of Indiana v. Tomi L. Thomson, illegal consumption of an alcoholic beverage.State
- Area students travel to D.C. with REMC LOOGOOTEE — Three Indiana high school students, chosen by Daviess-Martin County REMC to participate, were among 72 from Indiana and 1,600 from 43 states who participated in the electric cooperative Youth Tour to Washington D.C., from June 12-19. Area
- Prairie Village Nursing Home serves breakfast to Towers Debbie Miles with Prairie Village Nursing Home served biscuits and gravy to the residents of the Washington Towers on July 16. Those attending were Marilyn Barrett, Barry and Cathy Baumert, Marie Cain, Debbie Fields, Tom Fisher, Mike Grannan, Rita Gu
- Daviess County Court News Real Estate TransfersSecretary of Housing and Urban Development to Jeremy J. Tooley and Susan M. Tooley, pt. Lot 7 and pt. Lot 8 in Yarbrough Second.John P. Schofield III and Kristina Schofield to Bradley J. Saladin and Sarah E. Saladin, pt. SE ¼ S28
- 4-H winners Look for more more 4-H winners from the recent Daviess County 4-H fair in this and upcoming editions of the Times Herald and online at www.washtimesherald.com.
- More Community Headlines