The Washington Times-Herald

December 7, 2013

Letters needed to help vets

The Washington Times-Herald

---- — Letters needed to help vets


Attention all disabled veterans of Indiana, veterans and citizens of Indiana. I am in desperate need of all of you to help in righting a wrong being done to the disable veterans by the travel reimbursement section of the Roudebush V.A.M.C. in Indianapolis. I have repeatedly tried to recover your travel pay for I know you need it to pay for your gas, food and caregivers. Our senators and congressmen have advised me they need letters from you also, not just me. They all have sent me privacy forms for you to fill out, for they say if they have numbers they can better do something to recover your travel pay.

All of you disabled veterans, veterans and citizens of Indiana, please help the disabled veterans recover this entitlement they earned. Call me at 295-2224 and I will gladly mail you the forms to send to the representative of your choice. I can give you a little advice on what to say. Just a few words is all you/we need to write, not a full letter. Or write me at 13492 Mount Calvary Road, Loogootee, IN 47553 for forms.

Forrest L. Burton

Past State Commander

Indiana Disabled American Veterans

Vietnam veteran (Phan Rang)

USAF/USA retired