• Install a pool cover to completely block access to water in the pool.
• Spa temperature water should be set to 104 degrees Fahrenheit or lower to avoid elevated body temperature, which could lead to drowsiness, unconsciousness, heat stroke or death.
Outdoor grilling is often a part of warmer weather as well. However, the hot temperatures can be dangerous and lead to severe injuries. The following are tips for grilling safely:
• Designate the grilling area as a “No Play Zone” and keep kids and pets well away until the grill is cool.
• Check propane cylinder hoses for leaks before use.
• Do not move hot grills.
• Never add starter fluid when coals have already been ignited. Never use any combustible liquid other than charcoal starter fluid to get the fire going.
For more safety information, visit www.getprepared.in.gov.