The Washington Times-Herald

January 25, 2014

Ways to help others

The Washington Times-Herald

---- — Kidstuff Preschool

Your Campbell Soup, Pepperidge Farms, Swanson, V8, Pace, Prego and Best Choice labels, UPC codes, or lids could benefit Kidstuff Preschool, a service of Four Rivers Resource Services. Get your Vitamin C & help KidStuff Preschool! KidStuff Preschool is participating in the “SunnyD Book Spree” program. The program will donate 20 books when the class sends in 20 SunnyD UPC labels. After they earn 20 books they can start collecting for the big prizes!! Save SunnyD UPC labels & drop off or mail to: KidStuff Preschool 2212 E. National Hwy., Washington, IN 47501, weekdays between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. For more information, call 254-4471, or email

American Red Cross

Assists Daviess County families recovering from disasters such as fire, flooding, and tornado damage. For more information, contact Mary Bechtel at 254-9877 or email at

Daviess County Right to Life

Newspapers (in paper bags if possible) and aluminum cans may be donated on the first Saturday of even months of the year; (Feb., April, June, Aug., Oct., Dec) from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm at the old K-Mart building in Washington. Other locations are open 9:00 am to 12:30 pm at: St .Peter’s School in Montgomery, Ray Truelove’s residence in Cannelburg and Elnora Christian Church, Griffith St., Elnora. For more information, call 486-3658 or 254-4455.

Lighthouse Recovery Center

A Christian 12-Step recovery program for individuals with all kinds of hurts, habits, and hang-ups, needs volunteers. Connect someone you know who is being released from incarceration with transitional housing and assistance with finding employment. For more information, call 257-0113.

Posting to “Ways To Help Others”

If you represent an agency, ministry, or church serving anywhere in Daviess County that is in need of donations or volunteers, you may send a posting request to “Ways 2 Help Others” at P.O. Box 1014 Washington IN 47501,

Or email to For more info call Connections at (812) 257-2650.