The Barr-Reeve September Students of the Month are, front row (from left): seventh grade Cole Chaney, eighth grade Lana Stoll, sixth grade Peyton Eaton. Back row: freshman Trevor Lengacher, senior Tyler Bennett, junior John Cangelosi, and sophomore Adriana Duvall.
- 100th year for Hornaday Park 2013 is the centennial birth year for Hornady Park. Finis Hornady, the park's namesake, owned a 360 acre farm and donated the most scenic 56 acres for a park, the other acreage being donated for the care of orphans. In 1923 Petersburg citizens plant
- Here area a few ways to stay prepared for winter storms Greetings Daviess County. What a crazy last few weeks we have had. Tornadoes to lots of snow and ice. That's some wild Indiana weather for you. The holidays are fast approaching and I hope each and every one of you take some time to spend with family
- Tornado victims need to report damage The Indiana Department of Homeland Security and local county emergency management agencies are renewing a call for online damage reports from Hoosier individuals and businesses who sustained damage caused by severe weather on Nov.17. This is for anyo
Barr-Reeve kindergarten class help less fortunate
Photo provided Pictured is the Barr-Reeve Kindergarten Class of Amy Kavanaugh as they pose for a picture with all the baskets prepared for the less fortunate during the Christmas season.
- Community Calendar WEDNESDAY Rotary, meet, noon, Daviess Community Hospital. Alcoholics Anonymous of Loogootee, 8 p.m., Senior Citizens Building of Loogootee. Al-Anon of Jasper, 11:30 a.m., Brosmer House, 424 W. Seventh St. Search for the Truth, 7 p.m., The Storehouse,
- Saturday's Community Calendar SUNDAY Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., Central Christian Church, 10 W. Van Trees St. Lighthouse Evangelistic Services, 9:15 a.m., Harvest Community Fellowship, 200 W. Main St. Lighthouse Addiction/Recovery Worship Services, noon and 7 p.m., Victory Tab
- Beware of a new telephone scam It seems as quickly as you hear about one scam disappearing and another one starts. The latest scam that is circulating involves an individual claiming to be from a law enforcement agency. The scammer typically threatens to arrest the victim if they
- Ways to help others Make a donation this holiday season DONATE CASH to "Jubilee Christmas" which helps with approximately 250 families and 600 children in Daviess County. Send checks to: Daviess County Partnership-Jubilee Christmas, P.O. Box 1014, Washington, IN 47501 o
- Davis - Hillyard to be engaged Davis - Hillyard Mike and Cindy Davis of Washington announce the engagement and upcoming marriage of their daughter, Amie Elizabeth Davis to John Alan Hillyard. Amie is the granddaughter of Linus and Bernetta Buchheit of Washington and the late John
- Local marriage licenses Terry Lee Emmons Sr., 54, Washington, and Angela Marie Emmons, 48, Washington. Sherby Allen Hart Jr., 46, Odon, and April Elaine Wilson, 42, Odon. Stuart Brian Grubbs, 42, Washington, and Lindsey Dawn Kimmel, 23, Petersburg. Nicholas Anthony Breeden,
- More Community Headlines