Feed My Sheep today
Feed My Sheep will distribute groceries from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at 601 W. Oak St. There will be no admittance to the building until 9 a.m. and the doors will be locked at 1 p.m.
Groceries will be distributed at the Odon Nazarene Church, SR 58, from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday for persons with Odon and Elnora addresses.
Emergency food will only be given by referral from another agency. Connections can be reached at 257-2650
Feed My Sheep is a food-help program for residents of Daviess County. If you have any questions for Feed My Sheep, call 254-5429 and leave a message.
INDOT to close SR 57 near Elnora
The Indiana Department of Transportation announced SR 57 will be closing in Elnora for the replacement of a rail crossing.
Beginning Monday, railroad crews will be closing SR 57 from the junction of SR 58 to the junction of SR 54. Crews will be making repairs to the crossing located at 0.45 miles north of SR 58.
All work will begin at 9 a.m. and is scheduled to be complete by 2 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 21, weather permitting.
The official detour will route traffic on SR 58, SR 67 and SR 54.
SAFS activities for next week
Monday — Daviess Community Home Health bingo, 10 a.m.; Enhance Fitness, 2:30 p.m.
Tuesday — Computer lessons, 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.; movie and snack 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday — Eastgate Manor biscuits and gravy, 8:30 a.m.; Enhance Fitness, 2:30 p.m.
Thursday — Bible study, 10 a.m.; Crochet Club, 1 p.m.
Friday — Good Samaritan bingo, 10 a.m.; Enhance Fitness, 2:30 p.m.
Mark your calendar for the Senior and Family Services “Christmas Tailgate Auction Extravaganza,” 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9, at Eastside Park RSVP Building. Catered by Carla’s Catering. Auctioneer Jay Yagle. Buy your tickets early and save: Single $20, couple $35; at the door night of the event $20. For tickets and further information call Jill or Judy at 254-1881.
Hunter Ed course next week
The next Daviess County Hunter Education Course will be held Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with range day on Sept. 22.
Course times are from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. for 18th, 19th and 20th, with range day beginning at 8:15 a.m. on the 22nd.
The course will be held at the Simon J. Graber Complex, 9164E 875N, Odon.
Students can register by calling 254-7538 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B-R Baseball’s Big Buck contest
Barr-Reeve Baseball will be hosting the 3rd Annual Big Buck Contest. Cost is $15 for bow, $15 for gun, or $25 for both.
Forms can be emailed to you or picked up at these locations: Barr-Reeve High School, Viking Mart, Musket Shop, D and L Archery, Outdoor World, Traylor’s Chiropractic or JJ Archery. Anyone who signs up will automatically be entered into the raffle drawing for various prizes.
Deadline for youth hunters is Sept. 28, and for non-youth hunters the deadline is Sept. 30.
For information you can contact Nathan Lester at email@example.com or call 486-8094.
Area Briefs for Monday
Feed My Sheep today
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- More Local News Headlines