9:02 p.m. — Summer Chesser, 9 McCracken Dr., reported two male subjects pushed off a black Roketta moped belonging to Michael Esclare from her yard. The owner had the key. Officers located the moped, which was undamaged.
4:07 p.m. — The K-9 officers gave demonstrations at Griffith Elementary, 803 E. Nat’l Hwy.
2:51 p.m. — Heidi Sims, 101 N.E. 15th St., reported an attempted break-in. Her roommate scared the subjects away. There were pry marks on the door.
8:13 p.m. — Dispatch received a complaint about coon hunters in 1,000-Acre Woods hunting without permission. A deputy spoke with the subjects and everything was fine.
5:24 p.m. — A caller advised he’d been getting calls from someone saying he’s received a government grant, and the person asked for a credit card number or money to be wired. A deputy spoke to the complainant and explained his options.
1:06 p.m. — A complainant requested someone be alerted that high grass at CRs 250S and 125E is blocking the line of sight in the southbound lane. The county highway department was notified.
Derick Lee Clark, 18, Washington, was arrested by city police Friday for criminal trespass. He was held at Daviess County Security Center without bond.
Benjamin Michael Wagler, 23, Washington, was arrested Friday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for failure to appear. He was held on $5,000 bond.
Travis C. Prince, 37, Indianapolis, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Thursday on a warrant for failure to appear. He was held on $5,000 bond.
Penny L. Padgett, 47, Washington, was arrested Thursday by city police on a warrant for two counts of failure to appear, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia and forgery. She also was wanted on a Lawrence County, Ill., warrant. She was held without bond.
Jail Population: 157
- Local News
- Washington City Council approves rezoning request Washington will be expanding its housing options after the Washington City Council approved an ordinance to rezone land on Bussard Road. The property, owned by Jason Knepp of J and L Home Center, is just over 10 acres and will be rezoned Residential
- State Haitian organization holds town hall meeting The Haitian Association of Indiana hosted a town hall meeting for local Haitians Sunday, officially meeting the largest Haitian population outside of Indianapolis. Around 50 Haitian residents, along with 30 other local residents, listened to state an
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Monday 2:25 p.m. – A female caller said two juvenile males were picking up and throwing green apples near 310 Ogdon St. The apples were clogging storm drains. The males were then asked to pick up the apples. 8:55 a.m. – An employee of Che
CR 900 East project stays on schedule
Phase 1 of the expansion project on CR 900E (Odon-Cannelburg Road) is due to be completed this week and officials say they expect the bulk of the work to be done on time. "They have a number of small things that need to be finished," said Daviess Cou
- Leg of I-69 project now due to open by end of 2015 INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation now plans for the Interstate 69 extension to reach Bloomington by the end of 2015, a year later than originally planned. INDOT spokesman Will Wingfield tells the Evansville Courier & Press
VIDEO: Coming Attractions
The Indiana Theater in downtown Washington is under new owner Brent Barnhart and plans to open this fall after being closed for over three years.
- Ruth Gilmore Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Shoe Sensation gives back to Cops and Kids Shoe Sensation has presented Cops and Kids with $468 in donations collected from its customers during a drive to assist Cops and Kids. Cops and Kids works with children in the community to ensure that they have basic necessities and toys. This progr
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 10:27 p.m. - Jerry Gaither, 1422 Brett Cabel Road, said his mailbox was damaged. 5:14 a.m. - Ladonna Abel, 622 S.W. Sixth St., said a purple Harley-Davidson motorcycle was stolen. A report was made and a tip said they believed a ma
- New school security system going into place in Daviess County From the outside looking in schools in Daviess County don't appear to have done much to upgrade security this fall. There are no new fences, no gates, no guard shacks, but officials say the School Guard system is being put into place and should be re
- More Local News Headlines