2:34 p.m. — Sgt. Greg Dietsch and K-9 Drago assisted state police with a traffic stop at Bypass 50 and Business 50. The K-9 indicated on the passenger door and seeds and residue were located.
10:05 a.m. — Shawn Patton, 1309 Washington Ave., advised his HTC Droid cell phone was stolen while he was at work at Harner Trucking. A possible suspect was named and an officer is investigating.
7:01 a.m. — Tim Cullen reported a bush on fire on N.E. 12th Street and the fire department was notified. At 11:39 a.m. Mike McKittrick, 1 Green Acres, reported a bush was on fire at the end of his driveway and an off-duty firefighter put it out.
6:04 p.m. — Jerome Carey, 1102 E. Nat’l Hwy., reported the theft of an Xbox and six games from his bedroom. He advised they thought they locked the door when they left and were uncertain how entry was gained.
7:41 p.m. — A fight and disturbance was reported at the Plainville group home.
Charley Creagmile, 34, Elnora, was arrested by Elnora police Tuesday on a warrant for theft. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center without bond.
Jail Population: 160
Police Report for Thursday
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- More Local News Headlines