12:47 p.m. — An employee of the Daviess County Museum, 212 E. Main St., said another male was riding a moped on the sidewalk at a high rate of speed. No one was found.
11:51 p.m. — The Daviess County Sheriff’s Department reported a small fire on Highland Avenue. The fire was found to have put itself out.
10:55 a.m. — A caller reported a mattress in the way of traffic on CR 650E. The matress was moved.
8:43 a.m. — An employee of Walsh Construction on the U.S. 50/I69 interchange reported the theft of a GPS. A report was made.
Total Jail Population: 161
- Local News
- Barr-Reeve responds to teachers' complaint MONTGOMERY — The Barr-Reeve Community School Corporation has responded to the unfair labor practice complaint filed by the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association against the corporation. Earlier this month, the CTA filed the complaint with Indiana
- Sandra Hotz Sandra M. Hotz, 66, of Washington, died at 7:20 a.m. Tuesday at Deaconess Hospital in Evansville. The body of Sandra Hotz was cremated and there will be no services. Burial will be at a later date. Arrangements are being made through Brocksmith-Blake
Fears' suit against Pike school board dismissed
EVANSVILLE — A federal judge threw out former Otwell Elementary Principal Rick Fears' suit against the Pike County School Corporation on Wednesday.
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 10:52 a.m. - An employee of Chuckle's, 201, N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $20.01 in gas. 6:32 a.m. - Erika Prinus said a stop sign was spray painted black at CRs 800E and 100S. County highway was notified. Tuesday 6
- Back to School Bash headed for Eastside Park Eastside Park and WaterWorld of Washington will likely be popular stops for family fun Saturday. The first Back to School Bash will be held at the park from 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. and WaterWorld of Washington will offer free swimming all day. "This is t
- Man arrested for sexual misconduct A Washington man is facing charges of sexual misconduct after his arrest Tuesday. Jose O. Ayala, 25, Washington, was arrested by city police Tuesday on a warrant for two counts of sexual misconduct with a minor. The minor in this case was a 15-year-o
- Washington schools ready to begin classes The Washington Community School Board approved the hiring of several staff members as officials prepare to begin classes next week. The board hired three additional teachers, made 16 extra-curricular appointments and approved three volunteer position
- Colts release RB Rainey ANDERSON — Just two days after earning praise for his playmaking ability from head coach Chuck Pagano, running back Chris Rainey was waived by the Indianapolis Colts on Monday morning.The news was broken in a press release around 8:30 a.m. and later
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 8 a.m. - Terry Evans, 100 W. Main St., reported a go-cart stolen from his property. The cart was found in a nearby alley and extra patrol was requested. 1:33 p.m. - A female caller at 7 E. Main St., Apt. 3, said a male stole a ce
- Illinois man faces multiple sex charges in Daviess County An investigation into an event last May in a Washington store has led to multiple charges against an Illinois man. Washington City Police have charged Stephen Michael Mulkey, 26, of Lawrenceville, Illinois with attempted child molesting, performance
- More Local News Headlines