11:53 p.m. - Tammy Smith, 774S SR 57, Lot 12, said someone was banging and kicking on the trailer’s front door. No entry was gained and no one could be found when officers arrived.
9:01 p.m. - An employee of the Family Dollar, 305 E. Nat’l Hwy., said a female shoplifter left the store. The shoplifter dropped the items she was attempting to steal, but left her cell phone and cigarettes.
7:37 p.m. - An employee of Chuckle’s, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $48.27 in gas by a late model Lincoln sedan.
6:45 p.m. - Jennifer Wagler said her 2000 Ford Ranger truck was stolen while parked at CVS, 307 E. Nat’l Hwy. Wagler said a Hispanic or Black male with an accent came up to her and her sister while riding a red bicycle. The male was asking for food, drink or money. When the females went into the store to get him some food, the truck was gone. State police found the vehicle later on I-69 at 11:15 p.m. The truck was abandoned on I-69 near the 60.5 mile marker. The incident is being investigated.
5:34 p.m. - A male caller reported his 2003 Toyota truck was stolen from 1896S SR 57. The truck had a Glock handgun in the center console. After a cell phone in the truck was pinged, they both were found in Harrison County. The truck was located but there was no report if the handgun was recovered.
Saw C. Htoo, 20, Washington, was arrested by city police Monday for intimidation with a deadly weapon. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $7,500 bond.
Michael D. Searl, 34, Washington, was arrested by city police Monday on two failure to appear warrants. He was being held on $2,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 151
Workshop fire destroys home LOOGOOTEE -- A Monday morning fire destroyed a house in Loogootee. At 5:28 a.m., a call was reported of a house on fire at 13080E 350N. The Loogootee Volunteer Fire Department responded, and calls for assistance was provided from Montgomery, Cannelburg, Odon and Madison Township volunteer departments. Loogootee Fire Chief Morgan Huebner said the fire started in a workshop area and spread to the house. The upstairs area was destroyed while the downstairs had heavy smoke and water damage. The home was considered a total loss. There were no injuries in the fire.