Lynnette Gerkin, a freshman, and Virginia M. Gerkin, a senior, have been named to the dean’s list at Oakland City University. Both are majoring in early childhood development and business administration. They are the daughters of Dale and Shirley Gerkin of Loogootee.
- Local News
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 8 a.m. - Terry Evans, 100 W. Main St., reported a go-cart stolen from his property. The cart was found in a nearby alley and extra patrol was requested. 1:33 p.m. - A female caller at 7 E. Main St., Apt. 3, said a male stole a ce
- Illinois man faces multiple sex charges in Daviess County An investigation into an event last May in a Washington store has led to multiple charges against an Illinois man. Washington City Police have charged Stephen Michael Mulkey, 26, of Lawrenceville, Illinois with attempted child molesting, performance
- New gateway to Washington already raising hopes for development Work on Gateway Drive keeps moving forward and local officials continue to look at the area for potential commercial and industrial development. Gateway Drive is expected to provide Washington with a new entrance to the community off of U.S. 50 to Bu
- Washington City Council approves rezoning request Washington will be expanding its housing options after the Washington City Council approved an ordinance to rezone land on Bussard Road. The property, owned by Jason Knepp of J and L Home Center, is just over 10 acres and will be rezoned Residential
- State Haitian organization holds town hall meeting The Haitian Association of Indiana hosted a town hall meeting for local Haitians Sunday, officially meeting the largest Haitian population outside of Indianapolis. Around 50 Haitian residents, along with 30 other local residents, listened to state an
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Monday 2:25 p.m. – A female caller said two juvenile males were picking up and throwing green apples near 310 Ogdon St. The apples were clogging storm drains. The males were then asked to pick up the apples. 8:55 a.m. – An employee of Che
CR 900 East project stays on schedule
Phase 1 of the expansion project on CR 900E (Odon-Cannelburg Road) is due to be completed this week and officials say they expect the bulk of the work to be done on time. "They have a number of small things that need to be finished," said Daviess Cou
- Leg of I-69 project now due to open by end of 2015 INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation now plans for the Interstate 69 extension to reach Bloomington by the end of 2015, a year later than originally planned. INDOT spokesman Will Wingfield tells the Evansville Courier & Press
VIDEO: Coming Attractions
The Indiana Theater in downtown Washington is under new owner Brent Barnhart and plans to open this fall after being closed for over three years.
- Ruth Gilmore Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- More Local News Headlines