4:23 a.m. — A caller reported loud music in a downstairs apt. At 15 E. Main St. A patrolman reported no noise upon investigation.
6:15 p.m. — A female caller from 406 N. Meridian reported that her daughter was taking out the trash when a neighbor’s dog cornered her and tore her clothes. The owner of the dog was advised of the complaint and told she would be cited if the problem continued.
7:40 p.m. — 906 SW 5th St. reported that his neighbor appears to have a water leak in his yard and driveway.
9:23 p.m. — Walmart parking lot. Amber Rose Pate was arrested for trespass and theft after shoplifting.
10:18 p.m. — A caller advised a vehicle was stuck in a field near Odon. The vehicle was towed.
8:01 p.m. — A caller reported a storage unit he rents on Old U.S. 50 was broken into. A saw, bed, a game console and tools were taken.
10:36 a.m. — A caller reported meth making materials on W. 21st Street. The items were recovered.
Gary Johnson, 33, Linton, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Tuesday for five counts of possession of stolen property, possession of methamphetamine over 3 grams. possession of marijuana over 30 grams, dealing in methamphetamine, reckless possession, common nuisance, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, and four counts of a Schedule IV controlled substance. He is being held at the Daviess County Security Center without bond.
Amber White, 27, Washington, was arrested by Indiana State Police Tuesday for theft, criminal trespassing and false informing. She was being held without bond.
Angela Stapleton, 37, Washington, was arrested by state police Tuesday for dealing methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of hypodermic needles and syringe and a common nuisance. He was being held without bond.
Jennifer Purdue, 32, Washington, was arrested by city police Wednesday on a unspecified warrant. She was being held without bond.
James E. Choate II, 43, Washington, was arrested by state police on new charges of possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance, resisting law enforcement, obstruction of justice, dealing in methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a syringe, visiting a common nuisance, and a warrant for dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, resisting law enforcement and possession of two or more chemical reagents. He was being held without bond.
Adam Conger, 26, Washington, was arrested by state police Tuesday for dealing in methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of a syringe and visiting a common nuisance. He was being held without bond.
Total Jail Population: 132
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- More Local News Headlines