4:23 a.m. — A caller reported loud music in a downstairs apt. At 15 E. Main St. A patrolman reported no noise upon investigation.
6:15 p.m. — A female caller from 406 N. Meridian reported that her daughter was taking out the trash when a neighbor’s dog cornered her and tore her clothes. The owner of the dog was advised of the complaint and told she would be cited if the problem continued.
7:40 p.m. — 906 SW 5th St. reported that his neighbor appears to have a water leak in his yard and driveway.
9:23 p.m. — Walmart parking lot. Amber Rose Pate was arrested for trespass and theft after shoplifting.
10:18 p.m. — A caller advised a vehicle was stuck in a field near Odon. The vehicle was towed.
8:01 p.m. — A caller reported a storage unit he rents on Old U.S. 50 was broken into. A saw, bed, a game console and tools were taken.
10:36 a.m. — A caller reported meth making materials on W. 21st Street. The items were recovered.
Gary Johnson, 33, Linton, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Tuesday for five counts of possession of stolen property, possession of methamphetamine over 3 grams. possession of marijuana over 30 grams, dealing in methamphetamine, reckless possession, common nuisance, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, and four counts of a Schedule IV controlled substance. He is being held at the Daviess County Security Center without bond.
Amber White, 27, Washington, was arrested by Indiana State Police Tuesday for theft, criminal trespassing and false informing. She was being held without bond.
Angela Stapleton, 37, Washington, was arrested by state police Tuesday for dealing methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of hypodermic needles and syringe and a common nuisance. He was being held without bond.
Jennifer Purdue, 32, Washington, was arrested by city police Wednesday on a unspecified warrant. She was being held without bond.
James E. Choate II, 43, Washington, was arrested by state police on new charges of possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance, resisting law enforcement, obstruction of justice, dealing in methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a syringe, visiting a common nuisance, and a warrant for dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, resisting law enforcement and possession of two or more chemical reagents. He was being held without bond.
Adam Conger, 26, Washington, was arrested by state police Tuesday for dealing in methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of a syringe and visiting a common nuisance. He was being held without bond.
Total Jail Population: 132
- Local News
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County The Indiana State Trauma Care Committee, the State of Indiana Director of Homeland Security and the Indiana EMS Commission has a recognized Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes as an "In process" Level III Trauma Center. That new designation combined
- Wednesday's Police Report CITY REPORT Wednesday 1:14 p.m. - John Johnson, 605 S.E. 11th St., reported his van had been vandalized. 10:45 a.m. - Power outages were reported near Oakwood trailer park after a semi trailer struck a pole and took out power lines. Tuesday 5:49 p.m.
- Lena Dunn gearing up for Fall Fiesta Lena Dunn Elementary is gearing up for its second annual Fall Fiesta, a family event that will serve as the chief fundraiser for the school. Last year, school staff, parents and PTO members organized the carnival-style event that will again feature f
- Loogootee reports high ISTEP scores LOOGOOTEE — Loogootee students scored above the state average in 15 of 19 areas during the spring ISTEP tests. So reported curriculum/technology coordinator Mike Tippery to the Loogootee School Board Tuesday night. In four areas, the students test sc
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014This year you could alternate between nurturing and critical. If people start acting a little crazy around you, it might be in direct response to the mixed vibes you’re sending. Try to get some feedback. You
- Road project brings county and Amish community closer A big road project through eastern Daviess County is doing more than just widening a road. "The working relationship between the county and the Amish community these days is really good," said county Highway Superintendent Phil Cornelius. "In fact I'
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 10:52 a.m. - An employee of St. Vincent de Paul, 815 E. Main St., reported a box of bullets was found in a drop-off box. The bullets were confiscated. 12:03 a.m. - An employee of McDonald's, 1450 E. Nat'l Hwy., said two people wer
- Seidel, Norton improving after kidney transplant Less than a month ago, Jane Seidel and Nakia Norton were preparing for their lives to be forever changed when Seidel received Norton's kidney, but now, weeks later, the two Washington women never imagined how the community would come together to supp
- Suspect runs from county warrant The Daviess County Sheriff's Department SWAT team was called in for assistance Monday evening in the search for a fugitive. At approximately 4:55 p.m., the SWAT team was assembled to back up and help in the pursuit of Daniel R. Butler, 42, Washington
- More Local News Headlines