4:23 a.m. — A caller reported loud music in a downstairs apt. At 15 E. Main St. A patrolman reported no noise upon investigation.
6:15 p.m. — A female caller from 406 N. Meridian reported that her daughter was taking out the trash when a neighbor’s dog cornered her and tore her clothes. The owner of the dog was advised of the complaint and told she would be cited if the problem continued.
7:40 p.m. — 906 SW 5th St. reported that his neighbor appears to have a water leak in his yard and driveway.
9:23 p.m. — Walmart parking lot. Amber Rose Pate was arrested for trespass and theft after shoplifting.
10:18 p.m. — A caller advised a vehicle was stuck in a field near Odon. The vehicle was towed.
8:01 p.m. — A caller reported a storage unit he rents on Old U.S. 50 was broken into. A saw, bed, a game console and tools were taken.
10:36 a.m. — A caller reported meth making materials on W. 21st Street. The items were recovered.
Gary Johnson, 33, Linton, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Tuesday for five counts of possession of stolen property, possession of methamphetamine over 3 grams. possession of marijuana over 30 grams, dealing in methamphetamine, reckless possession, common nuisance, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of a Schedule III controlled substance, and four counts of a Schedule IV controlled substance. He is being held at the Daviess County Security Center without bond.
Amber White, 27, Washington, was arrested by Indiana State Police Tuesday for theft, criminal trespassing and false informing. She was being held without bond.
Angela Stapleton, 37, Washington, was arrested by state police Tuesday for dealing methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of hypodermic needles and syringe and a common nuisance. He was being held without bond.
Jennifer Purdue, 32, Washington, was arrested by city police Wednesday on a unspecified warrant. She was being held without bond.
James E. Choate II, 43, Washington, was arrested by state police on new charges of possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance, resisting law enforcement, obstruction of justice, dealing in methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of methamphetamine, possession of a syringe, visiting a common nuisance, and a warrant for dealing in methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine, resisting law enforcement and possession of two or more chemical reagents. He was being held without bond.
Adam Conger, 26, Washington, was arrested by state police Tuesday for dealing in methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a school, possession of a syringe and visiting a common nuisance. He was being held without bond.
Total Jail Population: 132
- Local News
- Colts release RB Rainey ANDERSON — Just two days after earning praise for his playmaking ability from head coach Chuck Pagano, running back Chris Rainey was waived by the Indianapolis Colts on Monday morning.The news was broken in a press release around 8:30 a.m. and later
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 8 a.m. - Terry Evans, 100 W. Main St., reported a go-cart stolen from his property. The cart was found in a nearby alley and extra patrol was requested. 1:33 p.m. - A female caller at 7 E. Main St., Apt. 3, said a male stole a ce
- Illinois man faces multiple sex charges in Daviess County An investigation into an event last May in a Washington store has led to multiple charges against an Illinois man. Washington City Police have charged Stephen Michael Mulkey, 26, of Lawrenceville, Illinois with attempted child molesting, performance
- New gateway to Washington already raising hopes for development Work on Gateway Drive keeps moving forward and local officials continue to look at the area for potential commercial and industrial development. Gateway Drive is expected to provide Washington with a new entrance to the community off of U.S. 50 to Bu
- Washington City Council approves rezoning request Washington will be expanding its housing options after the Washington City Council approved an ordinance to rezone land on Bussard Road. The property, owned by Jason Knepp of J and L Home Center, is just over 10 acres and will be rezoned Residential
- State Haitian organization holds town hall meeting The Haitian Association of Indiana hosted a town hall meeting for local Haitians Sunday, officially meeting the largest Haitian population outside of Indianapolis. Around 50 Haitian residents, along with 30 other local residents, listened to state an
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Monday 2:25 p.m. – A female caller said two juvenile males were picking up and throwing green apples near 310 Ogdon St. The apples were clogging storm drains. The males were then asked to pick up the apples. 8:55 a.m. – An employee of Che
CR 900 East project stays on schedule
Phase 1 of the expansion project on CR 900E (Odon-Cannelburg Road) is due to be completed this week and officials say they expect the bulk of the work to be done on time. "They have a number of small things that need to be finished," said Daviess Cou
- Leg of I-69 project now due to open by end of 2015 INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation now plans for the Interstate 69 extension to reach Bloomington by the end of 2015, a year later than originally planned. INDOT spokesman Will Wingfield tells the Evansville Courier & Press
VIDEO: Coming Attractions
The Indiana Theater in downtown Washington is under new owner Brent Barnhart and plans to open this fall after being closed for over three years.
- More Local News Headlines