12:24 a.m. — A female caller reported seeing a male subject kick in the door of the downstairs apartment at 804 E. Main St. Officers responded and made an arrest.
8:52 a.m. — Ariel Landes advised $60 was taken from her wallet by someone who had access to it when she spent the night at Budget Inn. Two subjects were mentioned.
7:45 p.m. — Thomas R. Walton, Shoals, reported striking a deer on U.S. 50E near Cannelburg. A field report was made.
6:32 p.m. — A driver in a 1996 Pontiac reported hitting a deer at SR 257 and CR 450S. A field report was made.
4:39 p.m. — A caller reported people on four-wheelers trespassing in a field on CR 100S. A deputy advised the subjects to stay out of the field.
3:00 p.m. — A caller requested an officer to look at vandalism to mailboxes at the corner of North and Raven streets in Elnora.
Zachary Sponn, 28, Washington, was arrested by city police Thursday for burglary and attempt to commit theft. He was held at Daviess County Security Center on $10,000 bond.
Darcell Jennings, 34, Vincennes, was arrested Thursday by sheriff’s deputies on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for habitual traffic violator. He was released on $5,000 bond.
Alvaro Bermejo Padilla, 28, Washington, was arrested Thursday by city police for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. He was held on $2,000 bond. Jonathan David Baker, 32, Washington, was arrested Tuesday by state police on a warrant for battery by means of a deadly weapon, two counts of intimidation and two counts of domestic battery. He was held on $100,000 bond.
Jail Population: 156
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City