Commissioners meeting Monday
Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse to discuss prospective employees.
Compassionate Friends to meet
The Compassionate Friends of the Washington area will hold its next monthly meeting on Sunday at 3 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Daviess Community Hospital, 1314 E. Walnut St., Washington in Classroom 3.
The meeting is from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. This month's topic is will be Open Discussion.
The Compassionate Friends is an organization, which offers friendship and understanding to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings. The purpose of this group is to promote a positive resolution of grief by our willingness to listen and share through our chapter programs. The group provides someone to talk to, a listener who understands. We want to stress that everything that is discussed at the meeting and who attended the meeting is kept in strictest confidence. This allows our families to speak freely.
All the people involved are parents who have experienced the death of a child.
For more information or directions, call 582-3920.
Mom-to-Mom support group
Mom-to-Mom is a community breastfeeding support group sponsored by Indiana WIC and the Pregnancy Care Center. Its goal is to provide education, encouragement, and support for any expecting and breastfeeding women in the area. Our monthly meeting will be April 15, 6 p.m., at the Pregnancy Care Center, 705 Troy Road. Our topic will be "HELP! How Do I Get It All Done With A Baby?" You may bring a simple snack to share.
Drinks will be provided. You will earn Baby Bucks or Precious Rewards vouchers for attending. Questions or concerns may be directed to Rebecca Moeller 812-486-7264 call/text.
Commissioners meeting Monday
- Local News
- Two dead after Bicknell shooting BICKNELL – At approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, Indiana State Police, Knox County Sheriff’s Office and Bicknell Police responded to 707 Durbin Street in Bicknell after a 33-year-old Knox County man was shot and killed during an argument with an
- Colts' 'monster' now preparing to 'hunt' ANDERSON — There’s a different kind of buzz surrounding the Indianapolis Colts as they prepare to report for training camp today at Anderson University.Expectations have been high inside the locker room since Chuck Pagano arrived in January 2012 and
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- Band season starts with music camp While a lot of high school students are finishing up the summer break, the members of the Washington High School Golden Pride Band are back in class and getting ready for the fall, by taking part in music camp. "We're excited," said Washington High S
- B-R teachers union sue Madison, Board Members of the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association have filed charges of unfair labor practice (ULP) against Superintendent Travis Madison and the three elected members of the school board; Joe Cummings, Galen Graber and Scott Lottes. The docum
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- More Local News Headlines