Commissioners meeting Monday
Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse to discuss prospective employees.
Compassionate Friends to meet
The Compassionate Friends of the Washington area will hold its next monthly meeting on Sunday at 3 p.m. The meeting will be held at the Daviess Community Hospital, 1314 E. Walnut St., Washington in Classroom 3.
The meeting is from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. This month's topic is will be Open Discussion.
The Compassionate Friends is an organization, which offers friendship and understanding to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings. The purpose of this group is to promote a positive resolution of grief by our willingness to listen and share through our chapter programs. The group provides someone to talk to, a listener who understands. We want to stress that everything that is discussed at the meeting and who attended the meeting is kept in strictest confidence. This allows our families to speak freely.
All the people involved are parents who have experienced the death of a child.
For more information or directions, call 582-3920.
Mom-to-Mom support group
Mom-to-Mom is a community breastfeeding support group sponsored by Indiana WIC and the Pregnancy Care Center. Its goal is to provide education, encouragement, and support for any expecting and breastfeeding women in the area. Our monthly meeting will be April 15, 6 p.m., at the Pregnancy Care Center, 705 Troy Road. Our topic will be "HELP! How Do I Get It All Done With A Baby?" You may bring a simple snack to share.
Drinks will be provided. You will earn Baby Bucks or Precious Rewards vouchers for attending. Questions or concerns may be directed to Rebecca Moeller 812-486-7264 call/text.
Commissioners meeting Monday
- Local News
- Leg of I-69 project now due to open by end of 2015 INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation now plans for the Interstate 69 extension to reach Bloomington by the end of 2015, a year later than originally planned. INDOT spokesman Will Wingfield tells the Evansville Courier & Press
VIDEO: Coming Attractions
The Indiana Theater in downtown Washington is under new owner Brent Barnhart and plans to open this fall after being closed for over three years.
- Ruth Gilmore Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Shoe Sensation gives back to Cops and Kids Shoe Sensation has presented Cops and Kids with $468 in donations collected from its customers during a drive to assist Cops and Kids. Cops and Kids works with children in the community to ensure that they have basic necessities and toys. This progr
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 10:27 p.m. - Jerry Gaither, 1422 Brett Cabel Road, said his mailbox was damaged. 5:14 a.m. - Ladonna Abel, 622 S.W. Sixth St., said a purple Harley-Davidson motorcycle was stolen. A report was made and a tip said they believed a ma
- New school security system going into place in Daviess County From the outside looking in schools in Daviess County don't appear to have done much to upgrade security this fall. There are no new fences, no gates, no guard shacks, but officials say the School Guard system is being put into place and should be re
- Coming Attractions Arguably the question on many minds in Washington is what's happening at the Indiana Theater? Many slow down or even stop on Main Street to see the work that is being done. Some have stopped to ask the contractors of SMart Construction to see what is
- Colts getting healthy as training camp opens ANDERSON — Reggie Wayne’s arrival Wednesday in an IndyCar driven by two- time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter drew national attention.But the most important news coming out of reporting day for the Indianapolis Colts concerned the wide rece
- TRI-CAP RSVP offering Nashville Show Trip TRI-CAP RSVP is sponsoring a Nashville Show Trip through Diamond Tours from Nov. 10-12. The spacious, video and restroom equipped motor coach will leave Jasper for a three day, two night trip. The incredible price of $305 per person is based on doubl
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- More Local News Headlines