Tina Mattingly and Hank take advantage of the nice weather Thursday afternoon to walk around Eastside Park. Thursday marked the first day of spring and temperatures will warm up through the weekend.
- Local News
- Colts getting healthy as training camp opens ANDERSON — Reggie Wayne’s arrival Wednesday in an IndyCar driven by two- time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter drew national attention.But the most important news coming out of reporting day for the Indianapolis Colts concerned the wide rece
- TRI-CAP RSVP offering Nashville Show Trip TRI-CAP RSVP is sponsoring a Nashville Show Trip through Diamond Tours from Nov. 10-12. The spacious, video and restroom equipped motor coach will leave Jasper for a three day, two night trip. The incredible price of $305 per person is based on doubl
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 6:42 a.m. - Melissa Bath, 105 Mill St., reported her dog was stolen. Animal control was contacted. Wednesday 8:54 p.m. - A male caller said a black Pontiac convertible hit a utility pole near 810 W. Van Trees St. The driver is fa
- Odon gets ready for Old Settlers ODON - The 159th Odon Old Settlers festival will kick off the morning of Aug. 5 with exhibits for the Floral Hall being accepted from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The event will run Aug. 5 -9. Projects in several different categories will be accepted. Monetar
- Expiring term heightens the urgency of lawmaker's mission State Rep. Rebecca Kubacki had plans for her return to the General Assembly next January.The two-term Republican from Kosciusko County wanted to exert “full force” to roll back a law that prevents the children of undocumented immigrants from paying i
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 11:28 a.m. - A female caller, 820 Axtel Ave., said a license plate was taken from her vehicle the night before. The tailgate was also scratched. 10:17 a.m. - An employee of Personal Finance Company said a female had parked her v
- Area author to hold book signing at Touch of Heaven Greene County author, former newspaper publisher and pastor Ralph W. Roach will be at A Touch of Heaven on Main Street Aug. 2 from 9:30 a.m. until noon for a meet and greet and book signing. Roach has published three books, "Ramblin' With RWR," a mem
DOCUMENTS: Barr-Reeve Teachers' complaint
Here is the complaint the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association filed with the state Education Employment Relations Board earlier this summer against the Barr-Reeve School Board and Superintendent Travis Madison.
- Harbstreit settles in as Indiana Sheriff's Association president FORT WAYNE — Daviess County Sheriff Jerry Harbstreit had the interim tag removed from his title as president of the Indiana Sheriff's Association during the state convention in Fort Wayne. The Indiana Sheriff's executive board had elevated Harbstreit
- More Local News Headlines