1:46 p.m. — Brittany Durocher, 907 Center St., advised both drivers-side tires had been slashed on her van while it was parked under the carport in her driveway.
12:33 p.m. — An employee of Orscheln, 1 Cherry Tree Plaza, Ste. 210, reported the theft of a pair of Wolverine boots valued at $154.99. She said a male subject left his old boots at the store and exited wearing the new ones. A description was given, and the subject was located and the boots switched back. Caleb Taylor, 18, will be long-formed for the incident.
5:44 p.m. — A semi hit a fence in front of Casey’s General Store, Odon.
10:46 a.m. — Patrick M. Colvin, 18, Loogootee, was northbound on CR 1200E when he lost control of a 1996 Honda Accord, registered to Barbara L. Colvin, in loose gravel. He stated he overcorrected and skidded off the west side of the road, hit a fence and a tree, and rolled twice. He was not injured. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Jail Population: 157
- Local News
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- Band season starts with music camp While a lot of high school students are finishing up the summer break, the members of the Washington High School Golden Pride Band are back in class and getting ready for the fall, by taking part in music camp. "We're excited," said Washington High S
- B-R teachers union sue Madison, Board Members of the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association have filed charges of unfair labor practice (ULP) against Superintendent Travis Madison and the three elected members of the school board; Joe Cummings, Galen Graber and Scott Lottes. The docum
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- Calling all community leaders Purdue Extension and Daviess County Extension are joining forces to bring Leadership Daviess County to the area beginning in September. The Community Leadership Program will consist of 44 hours of interactive educational opportunities to help individ
- Two arrested in Greene County murder case NEWARK — Two men were sought by the Indiana State Police Sunday in connection with a murder in Greene County. According to a release from the Indiana State Police, the Greene County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call Saturday reporting David La
- More Local News Headlines