1:46 p.m. — Brittany Durocher, 907 Center St., advised both drivers-side tires had been slashed on her van while it was parked under the carport in her driveway.
12:33 p.m. — An employee of Orscheln, 1 Cherry Tree Plaza, Ste. 210, reported the theft of a pair of Wolverine boots valued at $154.99. She said a male subject left his old boots at the store and exited wearing the new ones. A description was given, and the subject was located and the boots switched back. Caleb Taylor, 18, will be long-formed for the incident.
5:44 p.m. — A semi hit a fence in front of Casey’s General Store, Odon.
10:46 a.m. — Patrick M. Colvin, 18, Loogootee, was northbound on CR 1200E when he lost control of a 1996 Honda Accord, registered to Barbara L. Colvin, in loose gravel. He stated he overcorrected and skidded off the west side of the road, hit a fence and a tree, and rolled twice. He was not injured. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Jail Population: 157
- Local News
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 2:30 p.m. - An employee of Swifty's, 409 W. Nat'l Hwy., reported theft on two occasions. No other information was available. COUNTY REPORT Tuesday 9:27 p.m. - A caller reported two males were in an altercation at 101 W. Elnora S
- Wednesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 1:41 p.m. - An employee of Chuckle's, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $10 in gas by a driver in a white Ford Ranger truck. 10:51 a.m. - Jordan Taylor reported an MP3 player stolen from his car while parked at 100 Ch
- New police officer, fireman sworn in at meeting During a swearing in ceremony Monday evening prior to the start of the Washington City Council meeting Mayor Joe Wellman welcomed Steve Ford to the fire department and Nicholas Durnil to the police department. Ford, 23, is a native of Covington, Ind
- Moose gets visit from Supreme Governor Last week local members of the Moose were treated to a special visit by Moose International Chief Presiding Officer, Supreme Governor Joseph R. Koons at Moose Family Center 1080. "This was a rare opportunity for the community to meet with Supreme G
- Daviess County hires help for human resource issues The Daviess County Commissioners have approved several contracts including one to bring some professional expertise to human resource issues. The commissioners agreed to a contract with the consulting firm Waggoner, Irwin, Scheele and Associates to p
- Council to hire 2 part-time employees LOOGOOTEE - The Loogootee City Council agreed Monday night to hire two part-time employees for the Public Works Department. One employee, who would earn $10 per hour, would work for 15 weeks, beginning May 5. Public Works Superintendent Bo Wilson sai
- More Local News Headlines