1:46 p.m. — Brittany Durocher, 907 Center St., advised both drivers-side tires had been slashed on her van while it was parked under the carport in her driveway.
12:33 p.m. — An employee of Orscheln, 1 Cherry Tree Plaza, Ste. 210, reported the theft of a pair of Wolverine boots valued at $154.99. She said a male subject left his old boots at the store and exited wearing the new ones. A description was given, and the subject was located and the boots switched back. Caleb Taylor, 18, will be long-formed for the incident.
5:44 p.m. — A semi hit a fence in front of Casey’s General Store, Odon.
10:46 a.m. — Patrick M. Colvin, 18, Loogootee, was northbound on CR 1200E when he lost control of a 1996 Honda Accord, registered to Barbara L. Colvin, in loose gravel. He stated he overcorrected and skidded off the west side of the road, hit a fence and a tree, and rolled twice. He was not injured. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Jail Population: 157
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City