1:46 p.m. — Brittany Durocher, 907 Center St., advised both drivers-side tires had been slashed on her van while it was parked under the carport in her driveway.
12:33 p.m. — An employee of Orscheln, 1 Cherry Tree Plaza, Ste. 210, reported the theft of a pair of Wolverine boots valued at $154.99. She said a male subject left his old boots at the store and exited wearing the new ones. A description was given, and the subject was located and the boots switched back. Caleb Taylor, 18, will be long-formed for the incident.
5:44 p.m. — A semi hit a fence in front of Casey’s General Store, Odon.
10:46 a.m. — Patrick M. Colvin, 18, Loogootee, was northbound on CR 1200E when he lost control of a 1996 Honda Accord, registered to Barbara L. Colvin, in loose gravel. He stated he overcorrected and skidded off the west side of the road, hit a fence and a tree, and rolled twice. He was not injured. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Jail Population: 157
- Local News
- Wednesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 2:01 p.m. - Steve Myers, 604 Sunset Ave., said his strawberry patch was run over. A neighbor was contacted and the situation was resolved. COUNTY REPORT Monday 7:57 p.m. - An employee of Par-T-Pac liquors in Montgomery said two ma
- ND board looks at handbook ND board looks at handbook BY Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Kelley sworn in as new parks supervisor Mayor Joe Wellman administered the oath of office to Kip Kelley, the city's new parks and recreation supervisor, on Tuesday. Present at the ceremony were Mike Singleton, president of the Washington City Council, and John Baldwin, vice president of th
- Coats rallies Republican faithful at Lincoln Day dinner Indiana Sen. Dan Coats called upon Republicans to get engaged in the upcoming elections. Coats made the comments in front of about 250 people at the annual Lincoln-Reagan Day dinner Tuesday. "There is a lot at stake and everyone needs to be engaged,"
- Sports Briefs Hatchets lose to Boonville BOONVILLE -- The Washington softball team lost in a Big 8 conference game to 3A No. 1 Boonville Monday night 10-0 in six innings. Senior pitcher Ashley Elliot went all six innings for Washington, striking out three. Washi
- Shuttered theater part of push to improve quality of life Shuttered theater part of push to improve quality of life By Mike Grant Times Herald
- New initiative aimed to keep teen drivers safe With three area high schools set to hold proms this weekend, a group of local elected officials and volunteers are working to educate teens on safe driving. The newly-formed group is the Daviess County Child Fatality Review Team. The team comprises o
- Shots fired at officer's homes in Knox County VINCENNES — Early Sunday, the Vincennes Police Department began investigating a report of damage to a marked city police vehicle parked outside the home of an officer. Upon further investigation, it became apparent that the damage was from a gunshot.
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 7:09 a.m. - Randall Dexter, 511 Maxwell Ave., reported a scooter was missing. Sunday 11:05 a.m. - An employee of Chuckle's, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $7.40 in gas. The driver returned 15 minutes later to pay fo
- Barr-Reeve students reap benefits of 'Pennies for Playgrounds' MONTGOMERY -- Last fall, Barr-Reeve students in kindergarten through fifth grade raised money for new playground equipment that would be purchased through a matching grant through Gametime. During the "Pennies for the Playground" campaign, students
- More Local News Headlines