VINCENNES — The following information comes from reports provided by the Vincennes Police Department, the Vincennes Fire Department, the Knox County Sheriff’s Department. Charges not involving warrants are preliminary and may be changed before formal filing by a prosecutor.
Vincennes police have arrested a man they believe broke into a local home and sexually assaulted the resident.
Early Friday morning, police arrested 47-year-old Paul Michael Cessna on charges of residential entry, burglary and attempted sexual battery.
Cessna, who is considered to be homeless, was found in Lawrenceville, Ill., after being identified as a person of interest.
He was booked into the Knox County Jail and was being held on a $25,000 cash bond.
Police said he remains under investigation as a person of interest in additional similar local cases.
Knox County arrests
• Joshua Glenn Shaner, 30, Vincennes, theft
• Jordan Martin Squires, 28, Vincennes, operating a vehicle while intoxicated
• Jorie Dawn Dreiman, 21, Vincennes, failure to appear, possession of paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance
• James W. Gardner, 40, Vincennes, public intoxication
• Lacie M. Castillo, 30, Vincennes, failure to appear
Knox County — 192