Plan Commission to meet
The Washington Plan Commission will meet at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. Items included on the agenda: site plan approval for Farm Credit Services of Mid-America located at U.S. 50 and Troy Road.
Friends for Animals to meet
The monthly meeting of the Friends for Animals will be at 6 p.m. Monday in the meeting room on the first floor of the Washington Carnegie Public Library. Everyone is welcome to attend.
Special Ed Co-op meeting
The Daviess Martin Special Education Co-op will be conducting a consultation meeting on July 18, at 8:30 a.m at the Daviess Martin Special Education Coop Office, 9 W. Main St., Washington. Any parent of a student who is home schooled and qualifies for special education services is invited to attend.
All administrators from any private school should also plan to attend. This includes students living in the Washington, North Daviess, Barr-Reeve and Loogootee school districts.
Information will be given and discussed pertaining to special education services provided to home schooled and private school students by the Daviess Martin Special Education Coop according to Indiana Article 7.
FMC food ordering
Free Methodist Church, 1155 Troy Road, has announced the dates for ordering food from Smart Choice Food South for the month of July:
•July 12, from 10 a.m. to noon;
•July 14, from 10 a.m. to noon;
•July 17, from 10 a.m. to noon.
You may call the church at 254-5440 for a menu. Menus are also available on the church website at www.winfmc.com.
Cash or food stamps are accepted for payment. Call the church or Bob Collins, host site director, at 254-8990 for more information.
Food pickup will be July 28. Customers will be notified of the time.
DC waste board to meet
The Daviess County Solid Waste District Board will meet at 8:30 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners’ Room of the courthouse.
CROP meeting on Tuesday
The next CROP meeting will be on Tuesday, July 10, at 11:30 a.m. at the Daviess County Community Hospital. Bob Deig will present on the Energizing Indiana Program.
Wheatfest coming soon
The Wheatland Lions Club will sponsor the Wheatfest on July 13, 14 and 15. The Wheatfest will be kicked off with a chicken and noodle supper from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Friday, July 13.
For more information, contact Bill Powell at 890-4531.
Stafford family reunion in Odon
The Stafford family reunion will be held July 22 at Floral Hall, Odon Park.
Area Briefs for Saturday
Plan Commission to meet
- Local News
- Commissioner announces run for re-election Daviess County Commissioner Larry Wilson will run for re-election to the District 2 seat. Wilson, who was first elected in 2009 is seeking a second term in office. "Filing doesn't start until Janurary 8," said Wilson, "but I wanted to go ahead and le
- Blazing its own trail There's a new club in town. Trail Life USA won't officially kick off until the start of the new year, but Jamie Bass and others involved with the organization that meets each Tuesday evening at the Elnora Christian Church wanted to get things rolling
- A light in the darkness The local chapter of Compassionate Friends, a group established in 1968 to help those grieving the loss of a child, grandchild or sibling, will be hosting its 6th annual remembrance and candle lighting event Sunday at the Montgomery Ruritan Building.
- Sports Briefs Vikings split two with Washington MONTGOMERY — The seventh grade Barr-Reeve girls basketball team defeated Washington Monday night 34-21 to improve its record to 3-2. The Vikings were led by Kara Hughes with 12 points and Moriah Bullock had eight poi
- Current construction on I-69 creating unique challenges For the past year motorists driving south on I-69 have been able to nearly reach the Ohio River before running out of highway, but the brakes come on quickly when people hit the Crane exit going north. The Indiana Department of Transportation is work
- Police Report CITY POLICE REPORTS Monday 5:38 p.m. - A woman came to the police station and said someone had taken her Christmas Club check for $360 and cashed it. 7:48 p.m. - Police received a report from Chuckles at 201 NE 5th St. that someone in a Grand Prix dr
- Area Briefs CORRECTION The headline under the photo of the "Children's Nutcracker" gave the wrong date for the performance. The date should be Sunday, Dec. 8. Leaf pick up in Area 1 The Washington Street Department will begin leaf pick up in Area 1 today. WC Pr
- Shopping season off to hot start for small retailers The first weekend of the holiday shopping season is in the books and many small retailers in the Washington area are feeling very positive about their outlook. With Black Friday and Small Business Saturday past and the annual Christmas Parade on the
- Funerals CAROLINE ARMES -- The funeral for Caroline M. Armes was at 11 a.m. Saturday at Bethel South United Methodist Church, with Bruce Mowery and Dean Stuckey officiating. Burial was in Bethel Cemetery. Pallbearers were Ashley Armes, John Atkinson, Jay John
- Benefit for Wayne Wagler There will be benefit lunch on Saturday from 10 a.m. to noon for Wayne Wagler, who suffered a critical head injury in August. Call from pickup or delivery from the Zion Church, CR 900E. The menu includes: chicken, green beans, potato salad and cooki
- More Local News Headlines