Due to incorrect information, Kurt Coleman was not taken into custody as reported Thursday. Kyle Coleman was arrested and the vehicle he was driving was registered to Kurt Coleman.
We apologize for the mistake.
Hope House, 704 W. Van Trees St., will be open from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday to give free food and clothing to anyone in need. Hope House is a ministry of Church on the Way.
Habitat home dedication
Habitat for Humanity’s home dedication will be held at 5:30 p.m. April 2 at the new home located at 103 N.E. 20th St., Washington.
Everyone is invited but please RSVP to Emily Terry at 259-2949. The dedication should last about 30 minutes.
- Local News
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Shooting plays out on social media
The shooting of teenager Devan Burris has stirred emotions in family members of the young man and by those in connection with allegedly killing him. Burris, 17, was a soon-to-be father and girlfriend Kelly Fisher remembered him as a kind-hearted youn
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
- More Local News Headlines
- Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting