5:30 p.m. — A male caller reported a street sign down at N.W. Fifth and W. Main streets. An officer picked it up and placed in the police station. The street department was notified.
5:17 p.m. — Leopoldo Becerra, 402 N.W. Ninth St., reported the theft of two blue and gray adult bikes, an orange child’s bike and a child’s bike that looks like a motorcycle.
3:18 p.m. — Becky Guthrie reported a break-in at a 502 South View Dr. rental property, where a door had been kicked in. She requested extra patrol.
6:24 p.m. — A car/deer accident was reported east of Odon on SR 58. A field report was made.
4:48 p.m. — There was a sign reported in the roadway at I-69 overpass near Elnora. A deputy removed it.
7:45 p.m. — A complainant advised a truck had been keyed in Dinky’s parking lot.
5:17 p.m. — An employee of the co-op in Plainville reported someone drove off with a gas hose.
1:49 p.m. — Concrete trucks were reported blocking the road in Epsom. A deputy spoke with the supervisor, who said a large area was being poured and they were trying their best to stay out of the road.
7:47 a.m. — Freida E. Hatfield, 51, 113 Jamestown Square, was westbound on U.S. 50 in her 2002 Mercury Mountaineer when drove off the north side of the roadway and into a ditch. The vehicle continued in the ditch until it hit a culvert at the CR 1100E intersection. It then went airborne before stopping in a field on the west side of the county road.
Hatfield stated she fell asleep and couldn’t remember what happened. She complained of back pain and Southwest Medical transported her to Daviess Community Hospital. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
5:30 a.m. — Wayne A. Young, 46, Loogootee, was eastbound in his 2000 Buick Century on SR 58 east of Odon when he traveled onto the south shoulder where there was a buildup of gravel that had been ground off due to resurfacing. Young over-corrected and swerved across the opposite lane of traffic, spinning out of control. He traveled off the north side of the road and collided with a ditch embankment near CR 1200E, causing the Buick to overturn. It came to rest on the passenger side facing west, with Young trapped in his seat belt.
Young complained of back and chest pain, and was transported by Southwest Medical to Daviess Community Hospital. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
6:16 a.m. — Rachelle J. Harding, 37, Plainville, was westbound on SR 358, about1,000 feet west of CR 200W, in her 2012 Toyota Camry when she struck a deer that was in her lane of traffic. Her vehicle sustained heavy front-end damage, but no injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
5:53 a.m. — Alan D. Wagler, 21, of Montgomery, was driving a 2005 Chrysler van registered to Leonard Wagler north on CR 450E from CR 200N. In the extreme fog, he stated, he didn’t see a vehicle coming from the other direction until it was upon him and it was too late to stop.
The other driver, Rickie A. Smith, 56, Odon, said he was southbound in his 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee and saw a vehicle coming toward him that appeared to be in his lane of travel. Smith stated he kept trying to get farther over on his side of the road and almost came to a stop.
The Wagler vehicle struck the Smith vehicle head on. Smith was transported to Daviess Community Hospital for chest and knee pain. A 13-year-old passenger in the Wagler vehicle, Nathaniel Wagler, complained of mouth and nose pain and also was transported to DCH. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
Southwest Medical and Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department assisted at the scene.
11:24 a.m. — Anthony L. Doscher, 28, Montgomery, was driving his 1994 Ford F150 east on E. Nat’l Hwy. Cameron J. Mandabach, 18, 1203E 100N, was behind him. Doscher was waiting for oncoming traffic to pass so he could turn left onto Industrial Park Road, and Mandabach didn’t notice he was turning. Mandabach attempted to drive into the westbound lane to avoid hitting the Doscher vehicle, then stopped in the eastbound lane. He struck the driver’s side rear of the Doscher vehicle damaging it and causing damage from front bumper to back on the passenger side of his own vehicle. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Daniel Isaiah Callahan, 28, Plainville, was arrested by Elnora police Sunday for disorderly conduct. He was held at the Daviess County Security Center without bond.
David Speakman, 35, Washington, was arrested by city police Sunday for unlawful entry into a motor vehicle and possession of a syringe. He was held without bond.
Angela Loudermilk, 47, Solsberry, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Sunday on two counts of check fraud. She was held without bond.
Jonathan David Baker, 32, Washington, was arrested Saturday by sheriff’s deputies for invasion of privacy. He was held on $2,000 bond.
Angela Parsons, 21, Washington, was arrested Friday by city police on a warrant for probation violation/criminal conversion. She was held without bond.
Jail Population: 158
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City