10:48 p.m. — Eva Russell reported a tree had fallen and part of it was in the road on N.E. 15th St.
7:42 p.m. — Amanda Wininger called to report her husband Terry Wininger had hit a guard rail due to the ice and snow. She reported there was no damage to the car but the guard rail was knocked down.
Emily M. Gottschall, 22, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by city police for theft. She was released on $,2,500 bond.
Joel Mansell, 37, Washington, was arrested Thursday by city polic for residential entry. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Jerry Betz, 25, Odon, was arrested by Odon police on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for conversion. He was be held at the Daviess County Security Center on $3,500 bond.
- Local News
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- Andrews to hold book signing on Saturday Southern Indiana author Sandy (Morris) Andrews will be signing books and meeting fans of historical fiction books at A Touch of Heaven Saturday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Andrews, from Cynthiana, a small town just northwest of Evansvill
- Friday's Area Briefs Clarification In the April 16 story "Daviess County hires help for human resource issues" that the Times Herald reported, the human resources contract was one of several agreements made this week by the commissioners. The commissioners also signed tw
- Sports Briefs Hatchets fall to Jasper JASPER -- The Washington softball team lost 13-0 to Jasper Wednesday evening. The Hatchets get no rest with road games against Southridge Thursday night and Loogootee Friday night. Washington coach Bret Graber has cautioned hi
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 2:30 p.m. - An employee of Swifty's, 409 W. Nat'l Hwy., reported theft on two occasions. No other information was available. COUNTY REPORT Tuesday 9:27 p.m. - A caller reported two males were in an altercation at 101 W. Elnora S
- More Local News Headlines