10:48 p.m. — Eva Russell reported a tree had fallen and part of it was in the road on N.E. 15th St.
7:42 p.m. — Amanda Wininger called to report her husband Terry Wininger had hit a guard rail due to the ice and snow. She reported there was no damage to the car but the guard rail was knocked down.
Emily M. Gottschall, 22, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by city police for theft. She was released on $,2,500 bond.
Joel Mansell, 37, Washington, was arrested Thursday by city polic for residential entry. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Jerry Betz, 25, Odon, was arrested by Odon police on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for conversion. He was be held at the Daviess County Security Center on $3,500 bond.
- Local News
- Blessinger to move practice JASPER — Effective Oct. 1, Dr. Brian Blessinger will be transitioning his practice to the practice of Drs. Norris and Love at Norris & Love Orthopaedics & Sports. A native of Dubois County, Brian Blessinger, M.D. returned to the area to serve the reg
- German American announces promotions German American Bancorp, Inc. announces the promotions of five team members. These promotions reflect the company’s commitment to leadership development and the recognition of achievement and contributions to the company. Joe Dedman has been promoted
- Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend Daviess County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau Director Samantha Bobbitt said this year’s Wine, Art and Cheese Festival should offer something for everyone, even those not interested in wine. Slated to run from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. next Frida
- Sports Briefs Hatchets defeat Barr-ReeveThe Washington junior high tennis team defeated Barr-Reeve 5-0 Thursday afternoon. John Rook defeated Gage Wilson 8-0 and Braden Kixmiller defeated Isaac Wagler 8-6. Zach Gray defeated Brycen Graber 8-2. Nate Napier won in s
- Williams wanting to help peers with hemophilia Looking at Jonna Williams, no one would guess the spunky Washington High School senior who drives dragsters, lifeguards and is active in the WHS Student Council has Von Willebrand Disease, an inherited condition that can cause bleeding for extended
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 2:15 p.m. - A caller at JayC Food Store, 20 Cherry Tree Plaza, reported a red pickup parked in the handicapped area with expired handicapped tags and a dog inside and the windows up. The owner of the vehicle was notified of the e
- Lents honored at ISP awards ceremony INDIANAPOLIS — Two troopers from the Jasper District were honored recently at an awards ceremony at the Indiana Government Center. Sgt. Robert Gardner and Trooper Jarrod Lents were presented awards for their service to the state of Indiana. Trooper L
- Sports Briefs Loogootee defeats RivetThe Loogootee boys tennis team defeated Vincennes Rivet, 5-0, Tuesday night. Gabe Nolley and Landon Diamond won in straight sets at No. 1 and 2 singles and Landon Wittmer won in No. 3 singles in a forfeit. Ben Templin-Thomas Vi
- Legal challenges perform check and balance Recently some have questioned why the State of Indiana has brought lawsuits against our federal government. While this litigation is adversarial by nature, it is a necessary part of our constitutional process.What distinguishes the U.S. Constitution
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- More Local News Headlines