10:48 p.m. — Eva Russell reported a tree had fallen and part of it was in the road on N.E. 15th St.
7:42 p.m. — Amanda Wininger called to report her husband Terry Wininger had hit a guard rail due to the ice and snow. She reported there was no damage to the car but the guard rail was knocked down.
Emily M. Gottschall, 22, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by city police for theft. She was released on $,2,500 bond.
Joel Mansell, 37, Washington, was arrested Thursday by city polic for residential entry. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $2,500 bond.
Jerry Betz, 25, Odon, was arrested by Odon police on a warrant for petition to revoke suspended sentence for conversion. He was be held at the Daviess County Security Center on $3,500 bond.
- Local News
- Running with an Angel Samantha Porter's life will be celebrated Saturday during the second annual Running with an Angel 5K at North Daviess High School. In addition to the 5K run/walk, a one-mile kids fun run will take place. There will also be a balloon release in honor
- A soup that cures more than just a cold Early Thursday morning two dozen Retired Senior Volunteer Program participants gathered at the Eastside Park Community Building to help prepare food for those in need who reside in Daviess and Martin counties. The RSVP Food for Friends Project has b
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 11:40 p.m. - Marcel Hernandez, 104 Mill St., reported a vehicle was stolen. He was asked to come into the office to report the theft. 4:35 p.m. - An employee of Walmart, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, reported a person took a product wort
- April Debs hold February meeting The April Debs Extension Homemakers met at the home of Jill Cecil for their February meeting. President Debbie Hamdan welcomed everyone and opened the meeting with the pledge to the flag and the homemakers creed. Marsha Boyd gave devotions on “Give
- State looking at possible solutions for abandoned buildings State looking at possible solutions for abandoned buildings By Mike Grant Times Herald
MAP: Local Tornado Damage
Homes and businesses damaged by the November tornado in Washington, Indiana
- Rebuilding Reid's Deli On Tuesday, a big loss because of the Washington tornado, was torn down. It took less than a day to finish razing the building that the Nov. 17 tornado took just a second to destroy. But tearing down of the building that used to be Reid's Deli is not
- County readies for busy road construction year Winter may not yet be gone, but Daviess County officials are getting ready for a busy year of road construction. Once again this year a lot of the focus will be on the expansion of CR 900E, also known as the Odon-Cannelburg Road where the first sect
- The tough task of code enforcement Code enforcement may be one of the most misunderstood jobs the city of Washington has to offer but code enforcement officer Bryan Sergesketter hopes that city residents can get a better understanding what the city is trying to accomplish. "Our main
- Winter will be sticking around Winter-weary Hoosiers should plan on staying bundled up for awhile longer. After near historic cold January and February, March roared in with a snowstorm and more single digit low temperatures. The rest of the month has a good possibility to be fill
- More Local News Headlines