Charter draping at Eagles
The Eagles Ladies Auxiliary will meet at 7 p.m. today, with a charter draping.
The Daviess County Republican Party August breakfast meeting will be Saturday at the Washington Family Restaurant.
The guest speaker will be State Representative Mark Messmer. The meeting will begin at 9 a.m. and conclude by 10 a.m. Breakfast is Dutch treat.
Hillbilly fest at Boggs
Staff and program volunteers at West Boggs Park are preparing for an invasion of rednecks, hillbillies and wannabes during the annual Hillbilly Weekend, Aug. 17-19. Planned activities will include golf cart mud drag races and backseat driver contest, belly flop and watermelon wrestling contests, costume contest, mud tug of war, hillbilly ball, frozen-shirt contest, karaoke and additional family activities guaranteed to please the inner redneck in everyone.
All events will be free to registered campers and available to daily visitors at the normal gate fee of $5 per vehicle.
Spectators are welcome. Contact the park’s Customer Service Center at 295-3421 for reservations.
NIE program for schools
Local teachers interested in the Washington Times Herald NIE Program, contact Laura Theine at 254-0480 Ext. 131. The NIE program puts the Washington Times Herald in local classrooms.
The Daviess County Community Foundation Youth Council will hold the first meeting of the 2012-2013 school year on Sunday. New members who have not attended an orientation session will meet at 2 p.m. in the Foundation office and the regular meeting will start at 3:30 p.m. that day. All members should call Deborah at 254-9354 to let her know if they will be in attendance.
Giving Circle meeting
The Daviess County Community Foundation Women’s Giving Circle is planning the second Annual Meeting and Dessert Before Dinner for Thursday, Aug. 23. All women in Daviess County are invited, however, you must call the foundation office at 254-9354 for more details and make a reservation no later than Aug. 21.
Due to incorrect information provided at Monday’s Daviess County Commissioners meeting, Jones Oil Company in Loogootee does not own property near the WestGate @ Crane Tech Park. According to county mapping software, an Alfred G. Jones owns a piece the of property in question.
We apologize for the error.
Area Briefs for Wednesday
Charter draping at Eagles
- Local News
- Don't count on boyfriend's ex for opinion DEAR ABBY: I'm con -sidering marrying a man who is divorced. We get along great, and I love and trust him. Is it ever appropriate to call the ex and discuss her side of the story? Or should I ask my boyfriend what she'd say if I were to contact her?
- DCH to expand with New Vision Daviess Community Hospital announced recently that it is expanding the hospital's existing inpatient medical stabilization service for adults by offering New Vision, a service operated through a management contract between Daviess Community Hospital
- Fire guts Washington home Washington fire fighters are still working on the exact cause of fire that sent a residence into the early Tuesday morning snow. The fire gutted Craig Geary's one story frame home at 411 NW 9th Street. "Mr. Geary told us he was sitting and watching t
Snow removal keeps crews busy
Road and street crews are still out trying to clear the way for motorists following several days of snow and ice. About 10 inches of snow has fallen on Daviess County in the past week putting road clearing crews to the test.
Gas explosion near Odon sends man to hospital
ODON -- A natural gas explosion at Green City Cabinets just outside of Odon Saturday sent one man to the hospital to be treated for burns. Owners of the family owned and operated business said that a natural gas leak inside the engine building caused
Tuesday's police report
CITY REPORT Monday 11:46 a.m. - Haley Weddle said the stereo to her SUV was stolen while parked at Walmart Supercenter, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, overnight. Sunday 4:07 p.m. - Daviess County Sheriff's dispatched relayed a call of a gas leak at 501 N.W. 11
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Shooting plays out on social media
The shooting of teenager Devan Burris has stirred emotions in family members of the young man and by those in connection with allegedly killing him. Burris, 17, was a soon-to-be father and girlfriend Kelly Fisher remembered him as a kind-hearted youn
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- More Local News Headlines