5:27 p.m. — Sheila Burris, 1812 Vincennes Ave., reported someone vandalized her car overnight.
4:59 p.m. — A Walmart security employee advised there was an adult male shoplifter detained in their office. Monty G. Murphy Jr., 33, will be long-formed for conversion.
2:45 p.m. — A hit-an-run accident was reported at N.E. Third and E. Main streets, where a white Ford Expedition struck a black Pontiac Grand Prix and left the scene.
12:18 a.m. — A fight was reported in the Pines Apartments parking lot. The responding officer advised it was a verbal confrontation between two subjects.
6:40 p.m. — A Griffin Industries truck lost its load at CR 200W and W. Nat’l Hwy. A crew from Griffin Industries was called to clean it up. In the meantime, Perdue employees cleaned up most of it while waiting on the Griffin crew to arrive and hose off the road.
6:28 p.m. — A car/deer accident was reported at 5068 E. U.S. 50.
10:43 a.m. — A caller from Elnora reported finding a tree stand on her property and she hadn’t given anyone permission to hunt on her property. DNR was contacted to send a conservation officer.
7:07 a.m. — Jason M. Trissler, 1026 N. St. John’s Rd., advised he struck a deer on SR 257 with his Ford F150. A field report was made.
Martinez Perez Arnuflo, 20, Washington, was arrested Thursday by sheriff’s deputies for driving when never receiving a license and minor consumption. He was held at Daviess County Security Center on $4,000 bond.
Lowell Gilbert Gray, 44, Washington, was arrested by state police Wednesday for theft and criminal trespass. He was released on $4,500 bond.
Travis Shaine Dunn, 19, Washington, was arrested Tuesday by city police for disorderly conduct. He was held on $2,000 bond.
Robert Todd Huffmon, 30, Washington, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Tuesday on a warrant for petition to revoke a suspended sentence. He was released on $2,000 bond.
Jail Population: 149
- Local News
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 6:42 a.m. - Melissa Bath, 105 Mill St., reported her dog was stolen. Animal control was contacted. Wednesday 8:54 p.m. - A male caller said a black Pontiac convertible hit a utility pole near 810 W. Van Trees St. The driver is fa
- Odon gets ready for Old Settlers ODON - The 159th Odon Old Settlers festival will kick off the morning of Aug. 5 with exhibits for the Floral Hall being accepted from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The event will run Aug. 5 -9. Projects in several different categories will be accepted. Monetar
- Expiring term heightens the urgency of lawmaker's mission State Rep. Rebecca Kubacki had plans for her return to the General Assembly next January.The two-term Republican from Kosciusko County wanted to exert “full force” to roll back a law that prevents the children of undocumented immigrants from paying i
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 11:28 a.m. - A female caller, 820 Axtel Ave., said a license plate was taken from her vehicle the night before. The tailgate was also scratched. 10:17 a.m. - An employee of Personal Finance Company said a female had parked her v
- Area author to hold book signing at Touch of Heaven Greene County author, former newspaper publisher and pastor Ralph W. Roach will be at A Touch of Heaven on Main Street Aug. 2 from 9:30 a.m. until noon for a meet and greet and book signing. Roach has published three books, "Ramblin' With RWR," a mem
DOCUMENTS: Barr-Reeve Teachers' complaint
Here is the complaint the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association filed with the state Education Employment Relations Board earlier this summer against the Barr-Reeve School Board and Superintendent Travis Madison.
- Harbstreit settles in as Indiana Sheriff's Association president FORT WAYNE — Daviess County Sheriff Jerry Harbstreit had the interim tag removed from his title as president of the Indiana Sheriff's Association during the state convention in Fort Wayne. The Indiana Sheriff's executive board had elevated Harbstreit
- Two dead after Bicknell shooting BICKNELL – At approximately 2 a.m. Wednesday morning, Indiana State Police, Knox County Sheriff’s Office and Bicknell Police responded to 707 Durbin Street in Bicknell after a 33-year-old Knox County man was shot and killed during an argument with an
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- More Local News Headlines