2:08 p.m. — Randal Chestnut, 208 S.E. Fourth St., advised the back glass on his vehicle had been busted out. He requested an officer, and a report was made.
12:37 p.m. — Michael Allen, 1409 Vincennes Ave., reported the theft of a laptop computer rented from American Rentals.
11:00 a.m. — Bill McCain, 906 Biddinger Ln., was at the police station with a strand of Christmas lights that had been cut. He advised it was the fifth time they had been cut since Nov. 22.
8:24 a.m. — Angela Doyle reported her vehicle was struck while parked at 714 W. Walnut St.
5:14 a.m. — David Alford reported his 2000 Ford work truck was stolen overnight, and he located it at the top of Campbell Hill. An officer advised someone set off a fire extinguisher inside and some items had been taken. It also had been driven 50 miles.
10:03 p.m. — Someone calling from Budget Inn, 412 E. South St., reported subjects fighting in one of the rooms and requested their removal.
8:38 p.m. — A male caller translating for Carlos Guezara, 718 St. George Dr., advised Guezara had been robbed of his wallet containing $1,500. The incident took place in front of the Mexican restaurant on N.W. Fifth St. A description of the suspect was given and video was checked.
4:25 p.m. — Cathy Patton, 110 W. Oak St., reported a break-in and the theft of her mother’s china.
9:30 a.m. — John Ruppel, 308 Dewey Ave., reported his truck was broken into and a TomTom was taken.
8:57 a.m. — Ashley Sams, 2 Indiana Ave., advised her purse was taken from her vehicle overnight.
12:40 p.m. — A Walmart employee advised they had a shoplifter in the office. Kathryn Hedderich was escorted off the property and will be long formed for conversion.
12:52 p.m. — Christina Bodkin, 718 S.W. First St., reported someone got into her car the night before and took her cell phone, a money order, a pack of cigarettes and a pair of sunglasses.
Howard Graber, 27, Montgomery, was arrested Friday by state police for contributing to the delinquency of a minor. He was released on $7,500 bond.
Jordan Amos Lengacher, 18, Odon, was arrested by state police Friday for minor consumption. He was released on $2,000 bond.
Jail Population: 147
- Local News
- Colts' 'monster' now preparing to 'hunt' ANDERSON — There’s a different kind of buzz surrounding the Indianapolis Colts as they prepare to report for training camp today at Anderson University.Expectations have been high inside the locker room since Chuck Pagano arrived in January 2012 and
- Police Reports CITY REPORTS Tuesday 12:30 a.m. - Police were called to investigate the theft of a cell phone at 703 SW Fifth St. 4:14 a.m. - A resident reported someone got into a vehicle at 501 Lincoln St. ransacked it and left the front passenger door open. The o
- Band season starts with music camp While a lot of high school students are finishing up the summer break, the members of the Washington High School Golden Pride Band are back in class and getting ready for the fall, by taking part in music camp. "We're excited," said Washington High S
- B-R teachers union sue Madison, Board Members of the Barr-Reeve Classroom Teachers Association have filed charges of unfair labor practice (ULP) against Superintendent Travis Madison and the three elected members of the school board; Joe Cummings, Galen Graber and Scott Lottes. The docum
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- Calling all community leaders Purdue Extension and Daviess County Extension are joining forces to bring Leadership Daviess County to the area beginning in September. The Community Leadership Program will consist of 44 hours of interactive educational opportunities to help individ
- More Local News Headlines