There will be a joint meeting of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. On the agenda: discussion regarding vacancy in the Building Department and future plans for the department.
Commissioners, council to meet
The Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. today in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
The Daviess County Council will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
CAAA homecoming on Wednesday
Crane Army Ammunition Activity invites CAAA retirees to attend a homecoming luncheon in conjunction with it 35th anniversary celebration on Wednesday at the NSA Crane Club Lakeview.
The luncheon will being at 11 a.m. with CAAA Commander Col. Linwood Clark hosting the event to commemorate 35 years of dedicated service by its workforce.
Following the luncheon and remarks, attendees may visit their former work areas.
For reservations, call 854-5582 or 854-5654. Cost will be $8 and attendees will pay at the door.
Access to the base will be granted by using your retiree badge or by stopping at the visitors center located outside the Crane Gate.
Odon Library board to meet
The Board of Trustees of the Odon Winklepleck Public Library will meet at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at the library.
Crane forum on Thursday
The 8th District Congressional Forum will be held Thursday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center, Odon. The social will begin at 4 p.m., the forum begins at 4:30 p.m.
YMCA indoor soccer registration
Registration is currently taking place and ends Oct. 15 for this year’s YMCA Indoor Soccer Program. The program is open to boys and girls, members and non-members of the YMCA for ages 4-11 years. Teams will play two games a week stating Nov. 5 for six weeks. Games are held on Monday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. The cost of the program is $26 for members and $52 for non-members. For additional information call the YMCA at 254-4481.
- Local News
- Leg of I-69 project now due to open by end of 2015 INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Indiana Department of Transportation now plans for the Interstate 69 extension to reach Bloomington by the end of 2015, a year later than originally planned. INDOT spokesman Will Wingfield tells the Evansville Courier & Press
VIDEO: Coming Attractions
The Indiana Theater in downtown Washington is under new owner Brent Barnhart and plans to open this fall after being closed for over three years.
- Ruth Gilmore Ruth Gilmore, 80, of Washington, died at 4:38 p.m. at Prairie Village Nursing Center, with family by her side. Born Nov. 10, 1933, in Knox County, she was the daughter of James Howard and Blanche (Chadd) Weibel. She worked for 10 years as a certified
- Shoe Sensation gives back to Cops and Kids Shoe Sensation has presented Cops and Kids with $468 in donations collected from its customers during a drive to assist Cops and Kids. Cops and Kids works with children in the community to ensure that they have basic necessities and toys. This progr
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 10:27 p.m. - Jerry Gaither, 1422 Brett Cabel Road, said his mailbox was damaged. 5:14 a.m. - Ladonna Abel, 622 S.W. Sixth St., said a purple Harley-Davidson motorcycle was stolen. A report was made and a tip said they believed a ma
- New school security system going into place in Daviess County From the outside looking in schools in Daviess County don't appear to have done much to upgrade security this fall. There are no new fences, no gates, no guard shacks, but officials say the School Guard system is being put into place and should be re
- Coming Attractions Arguably the question on many minds in Washington is what's happening at the Indiana Theater? Many slow down or even stop on Main Street to see the work that is being done. Some have stopped to ask the contractors of SMart Construction to see what is
- Colts getting healthy as training camp opens ANDERSON — Reggie Wayne’s arrival Wednesday in an IndyCar driven by two- time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter drew national attention.But the most important news coming out of reporting day for the Indianapolis Colts concerned the wide rece
- TRI-CAP RSVP offering Nashville Show Trip TRI-CAP RSVP is sponsoring a Nashville Show Trip through Diamond Tours from Nov. 10-12. The spacious, video and restroom equipped motor coach will leave Jasper for a three day, two night trip. The incredible price of $305 per person is based on doubl
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- More Local News Headlines