There will be a joint meeting of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. On the agenda: discussion regarding vacancy in the Building Department and future plans for the department.
Commissioners, council to meet
The Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. today in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
The Daviess County Council will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
CAAA homecoming on Wednesday
Crane Army Ammunition Activity invites CAAA retirees to attend a homecoming luncheon in conjunction with it 35th anniversary celebration on Wednesday at the NSA Crane Club Lakeview.
The luncheon will being at 11 a.m. with CAAA Commander Col. Linwood Clark hosting the event to commemorate 35 years of dedicated service by its workforce.
Following the luncheon and remarks, attendees may visit their former work areas.
For reservations, call 854-5582 or 854-5654. Cost will be $8 and attendees will pay at the door.
Access to the base will be granted by using your retiree badge or by stopping at the visitors center located outside the Crane Gate.
Odon Library board to meet
The Board of Trustees of the Odon Winklepleck Public Library will meet at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at the library.
Crane forum on Thursday
The 8th District Congressional Forum will be held Thursday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center, Odon. The social will begin at 4 p.m., the forum begins at 4:30 p.m.
YMCA indoor soccer registration
Registration is currently taking place and ends Oct. 15 for this year’s YMCA Indoor Soccer Program. The program is open to boys and girls, members and non-members of the YMCA for ages 4-11 years. Teams will play two games a week stating Nov. 5 for six weeks. Games are held on Monday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. The cost of the program is $26 for members and $52 for non-members. For additional information call the YMCA at 254-4481.
- Local News
- Ballots set for school board elections Incumbents and challengers finished filing for local school board elections by the state deadline this Friday. According to the Daviess County Clerk's Office, there will be two contested races in Barr-Reeve and Washington districts while North Davies
- Washington School Board accepts athletic bus Members of the Washington School Board unanimously voted to accept the donation of a newer athletic bus for the corporation. Community members spent months working to raise the money to purchase the bus that replaces one that is over 30 years old. A
- Blessinger to move practice JASPER — Effective Oct. 1, Dr. Brian Blessinger will be transitioning his practice to the practice of Drs. Norris and Love at Norris & Love Orthopaedics & Sports. A native of Dubois County, Brian Blessinger, M.D. returned to the area to serve the reg
- German American announces promotions German American Bancorp, Inc. announces the promotions of five team members. These promotions reflect the company’s commitment to leadership development and the recognition of achievement and contributions to the company. Joe Dedman has been promoted
- Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend Daviess County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau Director Samantha Bobbitt said this year’s Wine, Art and Cheese Festival should offer something for everyone, even those not interested in wine. Slated to run from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. next Frida
- Sports Briefs Hatchets defeat Barr-ReeveThe Washington junior high tennis team defeated Barr-Reeve 5-0 Thursday afternoon. John Rook defeated Gage Wilson 8-0 and Braden Kixmiller defeated Isaac Wagler 8-6. Zach Gray defeated Brycen Graber 8-2. Nate Napier won in s
- Williams wanting to help peers with hemophilia Looking at Jonna Williams, no one would guess the spunky Washington High School senior who drives dragsters, lifeguards and is active in the WHS Student Council has Von Willebrand Disease, an inherited condition that can cause bleeding for extended
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 2:15 p.m. - A caller at JayC Food Store, 20 Cherry Tree Plaza, reported a red pickup parked in the handicapped area with expired handicapped tags and a dog inside and the windows up. The owner of the vehicle was notified of the e
- Lents honored at ISP awards ceremony INDIANAPOLIS — Two troopers from the Jasper District were honored recently at an awards ceremony at the Indiana Government Center. Sgt. Robert Gardner and Trooper Jarrod Lents were presented awards for their service to the state of Indiana. Trooper L
- Sports Briefs Loogootee defeats RivetThe Loogootee boys tennis team defeated Vincennes Rivet, 5-0, Tuesday night. Gabe Nolley and Landon Diamond won in straight sets at No. 1 and 2 singles and Landon Wittmer won in No. 3 singles in a forfeit. Ben Templin-Thomas Vi
- More Local News Headlines