There will be a joint meeting of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. On the agenda: discussion regarding vacancy in the Building Department and future plans for the department.
Commissioners, council to meet
The Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. today in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
The Daviess County Council will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
CAAA homecoming on Wednesday
Crane Army Ammunition Activity invites CAAA retirees to attend a homecoming luncheon in conjunction with it 35th anniversary celebration on Wednesday at the NSA Crane Club Lakeview.
The luncheon will being at 11 a.m. with CAAA Commander Col. Linwood Clark hosting the event to commemorate 35 years of dedicated service by its workforce.
Following the luncheon and remarks, attendees may visit their former work areas.
For reservations, call 854-5582 or 854-5654. Cost will be $8 and attendees will pay at the door.
Access to the base will be granted by using your retiree badge or by stopping at the visitors center located outside the Crane Gate.
Odon Library board to meet
The Board of Trustees of the Odon Winklepleck Public Library will meet at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at the library.
Crane forum on Thursday
The 8th District Congressional Forum will be held Thursday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center, Odon. The social will begin at 4 p.m., the forum begins at 4:30 p.m.
YMCA indoor soccer registration
Registration is currently taking place and ends Oct. 15 for this year’s YMCA Indoor Soccer Program. The program is open to boys and girls, members and non-members of the YMCA for ages 4-11 years. Teams will play two games a week stating Nov. 5 for six weeks. Games are held on Monday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. The cost of the program is $26 for members and $52 for non-members. For additional information call the YMCA at 254-4481.
- Local News
- New attention on sex assaults Youth sexual assault in Indiana is a troubling issue that has not received the attention it deserves. That's about to change, thanks to the persistent efforts of Indianapolis Democrat state Rep. Christina Hale and a willing Legislature. The Indiana H
- Haitian students enrolling at Washington schools Mcduffy Agledor loves his new school. He has adjusted well from his school in Miami. He has friends, walks the hall and has even joined a club. What makes this amazing is that Agledor is originally from Haiti and has only been speaking English for a
- Different strokes for schools to make up days lost to snow All of the school systems in Daviess County had snow days built into their school calendars when the year began, but a cold and snowy winter has all of them trying to make days up. Earlier this year the Indiana Department of Education gave waivers f
- Marriage Licenses John Lee Herschberger, 20, Montgomery, and Donetta Sue Raber, 22, Montgomery. Charles Lewis Jones Jr., 33, Plainville, and Amber Melody Meyer, 34, Plainville. Eli Garrick Dayton, 23, Washington, and Katrina Dawn Kemp, 20, Washington. Todd Lee Chamber
- Purdue webinar discusses personal property tax bills Purdue University Professor of Agriculture Economics Larry DeBoer shed some light on the proposed personal property tax elimination bills that are currently in the Indiana House and Senate Friday during the On Local Government program, a part of Purd
- Community Calendar SUNDAY Alcoholics Anonymous, 8 p.m., Central Christian Church, 10 W. Van Trees St Lighthouse Evangelistic Services, 9:15 a.m., Harvest Community Fellowship, 200 W. Main St. Lighthouse Addiction/Recovery Worship Services, noon and 7 p.m., Victory Tabe
- 5th generation of Williams joins Williams Bros. Clay Williams is the son of C.C. and Pam Williams. He is now the fifth generation of pharmacists in the Williams family, dating back to his great-great-grandfather C.C. Williams, who started his pharmacy career in the late 1890s. Growing up with a hi
- Patton to join staff at DCH Daviess Community Hospital is pleased to announce that R. Michael Patton, MD, has joined the staff of Daviess Community Hospital as an interim general surgeon. Dr. Patton is a graduate of the University of North Carolina with bachelor's degrees in b
- Time change puts kids back in the dark This weekend is the one for the time change. Daylight Saving Time goes into effect on Sunday at 2 a.m. and that means everyone will be moving their clocks forward one hour. For schools trying to get the most out of their school days that is going to
- No Headline Provided Austin Wagler Feb. 17, 2014 Martin and Lena Wagler of Odon announce the birth of their son, Austin Martin Wagler. He was born at 4:08 p.m. Feb. 17 at Daviess Community Hospital. He weighed 8 lbs., 1 oz. and was 22 inches long. He is welcomed by Anna
- More Local News Headlines