There will be a joint meeting of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. On the agenda: discussion regarding vacancy in the Building Department and future plans for the department.
Commissioners, council to meet
The Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. today in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
The Daviess County Council will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
CAAA homecoming on Wednesday
Crane Army Ammunition Activity invites CAAA retirees to attend a homecoming luncheon in conjunction with it 35th anniversary celebration on Wednesday at the NSA Crane Club Lakeview.
The luncheon will being at 11 a.m. with CAAA Commander Col. Linwood Clark hosting the event to commemorate 35 years of dedicated service by its workforce.
Following the luncheon and remarks, attendees may visit their former work areas.
For reservations, call 854-5582 or 854-5654. Cost will be $8 and attendees will pay at the door.
Access to the base will be granted by using your retiree badge or by stopping at the visitors center located outside the Crane Gate.
Odon Library board to meet
The Board of Trustees of the Odon Winklepleck Public Library will meet at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at the library.
Crane forum on Thursday
The 8th District Congressional Forum will be held Thursday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center, Odon. The social will begin at 4 p.m., the forum begins at 4:30 p.m.
YMCA indoor soccer registration
Registration is currently taking place and ends Oct. 15 for this year’s YMCA Indoor Soccer Program. The program is open to boys and girls, members and non-members of the YMCA for ages 4-11 years. Teams will play two games a week stating Nov. 5 for six weeks. Games are held on Monday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. The cost of the program is $26 for members and $52 for non-members. For additional information call the YMCA at 254-4481.
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City