There will be a joint meeting of the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave. On the agenda: discussion regarding vacancy in the Building Department and future plans for the department.
Commissioners, council to meet
The Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. today in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
The Daviess County Council will meet in executive session at 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the Commissioners’ Room in the courthouse to discuss litigation.
CAAA homecoming on Wednesday
Crane Army Ammunition Activity invites CAAA retirees to attend a homecoming luncheon in conjunction with it 35th anniversary celebration on Wednesday at the NSA Crane Club Lakeview.
The luncheon will being at 11 a.m. with CAAA Commander Col. Linwood Clark hosting the event to commemorate 35 years of dedicated service by its workforce.
Following the luncheon and remarks, attendees may visit their former work areas.
For reservations, call 854-5582 or 854-5654. Cost will be $8 and attendees will pay at the door.
Access to the base will be granted by using your retiree badge or by stopping at the visitors center located outside the Crane Gate.
Odon Library board to meet
The Board of Trustees of the Odon Winklepleck Public Library will meet at 5:45 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 11, at the library.
Crane forum on Thursday
The 8th District Congressional Forum will be held Thursday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center, Odon. The social will begin at 4 p.m., the forum begins at 4:30 p.m.
YMCA indoor soccer registration
Registration is currently taking place and ends Oct. 15 for this year’s YMCA Indoor Soccer Program. The program is open to boys and girls, members and non-members of the YMCA for ages 4-11 years. Teams will play two games a week stating Nov. 5 for six weeks. Games are held on Monday or Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. The cost of the program is $26 for members and $52 for non-members. For additional information call the YMCA at 254-4481.
- Local News
- City's gateway project about to hit full stride A road construction project designed to give the city of Washington a new entrance for traffic coming off of I-69 is underway. The $3 million project will build a new connector road between the U.S. 50 Bypass and Business 50. The project will also i
- Community Foundation awards $62K in scholarships Area students' achievements were celebrated Tuesday evening during the Daviess County Community Foundation scholarship reception held at the Washington Knights of Columbus. The scholarships awarded are all funds established through the Foundation. "
- Getting a diploma now more important for Hoosiers Obtaining a college degree, or even a high school diploma, was not always as critical to one's success as it is today. However, in order to succeed in today's workforce, a high school diploma is absolutely critical, and this is a realization facing H
- Sports Briefs Hatchets beat Linton LINTON -- The Washington baseball team defeated Linton 8-7 Tuesday evening. Washington used a five-run sixth inning to overcome a 7-3 deficit and pick up its fourth win of the season. Jake Bedwell led the Hatchets offensively wit
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 4:39 a.m. - A resident at 1207 Washington Ave. reported someone has slashed four tires on one vehicle and two tires on a second vehicle parked outside of the home. 7:05 a.m. - An employee at Chuckles, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reporte
- Thursday's Area Briefs Boil notice ordered Daviess County Rural Water System has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for customers on CR 450S east of SR 257 to the address of 4431 until further notice. I-69 beams to move on state roads Progress continues on the I-69
- City forms bicentennial committee for 2016 The city of Washington held its first meeting to plan the celebration of the city's bicentennial in 2016. Mayor Joe Wellman, according to a release, gathered a group of 25 at a local restaurant to start planning to celebrate 200 years of Washington.
- North Daviess cleans up at Crane CRANE -- North Daviess Junior and Senior High School students fared well at the 30th Annual Team Crane Science and Engineering Fair Wednesday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center. Over 120 students took part in the event that for the
- Wednesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 2:01 p.m. - Steve Myers, 604 Sunset Ave., said his strawberry patch was run over. A neighbor was contacted and the situation was resolved. COUNTY REPORT Monday 7:57 p.m. - An employee of Par-T-Pac liquors in Montgomery said two ma
- ND board looks at handbook ND board looks at handbook BY Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- More Local News Headlines