Odon library board to meet
The Board of Trustees of the Odon Winklepleck Public Library will meet at 5 p.m. Thursday at the library.
WHS soccer preview night
The Washington High School and Junior High School boys and girls soccer teams will host “Hatchet Night” preview starting at 5:30 p.m. Thursday at the WHS Soccer Fields at Gwaltney Sports Complex. The admission is any non-perishable food items to be donated to Feed My Sheep.
B-R board meeting
Barr-Reeve Community Schools Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 7 p.m. today to discuss collective bargaining and a job performance evaluation. The regular session will begin at 8 p.m. Items on the agenda include: custodian recommendation; approval of special education aide; volunteer coaches.
Tuesday — YMCA grandkids and seniors back to school bingo, 9:30 a.m.
Wednesday — VistaCare biscuits and gravy, 8:30 a.m.; bingo, 10 a.m.; Enhance Fitness, 2:30 p.m.
Thursday — Bible study, 10 a.m.; Crochet Club, 1 p.m.
Friday — Foot clinic, 8:30 a.m.; Enhance Fitness, 2:30 p.m.
Shot clinic scheduled
The Daviess County Health Department will offer immunizations for children younger than 19 on Tuesday, Aug. 14, at Eastside Park Community Building from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. and Aug. 28 at Odon Community Building from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. Must bring shot record. Those whom have health insurance that covers vaccines will need to obtain the vaccine from their private medical provider. Children who are covered by Medicaid or have no health insurance or if insurance does not cover vaccines may still obtain the vaccines at the Health Department. There is an administration fee of $8 per shot. One may call the Health Department and schedule your child for his/her immunizations. Immunizations are done daily at the Health Department. Call 254-8666 to schedule.
School board to meet
The Washington Community School Board will meet in executive session at the central office at 5 p.m. today for the purpose of receipt of information and interviews with prospective employees.
Odon library board to meet
- Local News
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- Big snow hits Daviess County Road crews and emergency responders continue the effort to try and get out from under the first major snowstorm of the season. The system moved in early Thursday evening with a combination of sleet, freezing rain and ice before switching over to hou
- Rev. E. Ann Embry Rev. E. Ann Embry, 74, of Washington, died Thursday afternoon at Select Specialty Hospital in Evansville. Arrangements are pending at Ed Lee Mortuary. Died Dec. 5, 2013 Rev. E. Ann Embry
Victim identified in Friday shooting
City, county and state police are trying to piece together the events that left one person dead. According to police documents those events began around 2:13 a.m. Friday morning when they received a call of a shooting in the 2200 block of Oak Grove Road
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- More Local News Headlines