6:41 a.m. — Carl Bowling reported someone ran into the back fence at 523 Cosby St. during the night.
12:39 a.m. — An officer advised he was with a subject at Circle K who had been in an altercation and wanted to go to the emergency room. Christopher D. Hardy, who was intoxicated and bleeding, was checked by Southwest Medical staff and transported to his residence by an officer. The name of the person who battered Hardy was given. At 2:34 a.m., Dispatch received a call from James Burchell stating Hardy was at his residence, bleeding from the nose and couldn’t get it to stop. Southwest Medical attended to Hardy and transported him to Daviess Community Hospital ER.
2:08 a.m. – A caller reported seeing someone around one of his mother’s storage trailers at 2829 Cosby Rd. and requested an officer. No one was located, and officers offered extra patrol.
9:22 a.m. – A caller reported speeding vehicles driving recklessly in the construction zone on US 50 near Antioch Church and I-69. Road deputies and Indiana State Police were notified.
10:27 p.m. — Cameron D. Mitchko, 20, 772E 700S, was eastbound on CR 450S when he saw a downed tree across the road. He tried to avoid striking the tree, but was unable. His 1998 Grand Prix hit the tree, traveling across the top of it and coming to rest in a ditch on the south side of the roadway. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
10:08 p.m. – Clint E. Underhill, 34, 2734 S SR 257, was northbound on SR 257 in his 2008 Dodge Avenger and, due to dark conditions, didn’t see standing water caused by heavy rain.
The vehicle hydroplaned, crossing the center line, running off the road and overturning. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated between $5,000 and $10,000.
10:43 a.m. – Dennis M. Salisbury, 53, Douglasville, Ga., was driving north on I-69 near the 73.5-mile marker in a 2001 Freightliner semi with van-type trailer registered to Paschall Trucking Lines, Franklin, Tenn. He stated a 2004 Dodge Stratus, registered to Laura and Michaela Ehmke and driven by Isaiah T. Ehmke, 18, all of Waterloo, passed him and cut back into the slow lane.
As it did, he said, it suddenly braked and, though he attempted to avoid it, he struck the Stratus in the rear.
Isaiah Ehmke stated he didn’t remember passing the semi and that he saw several deer crossing the road and slowed to avoid them.
A southbound witness said he saw the deer cross the highway just as the accident occurred.
Salisbury complained of dizziness and head pain. As is standard procedure, the truck driver submitted to a drug and alcohol test, which was negative. Ehmke complained of head and back pain. A passenger in the Ehmke car, Kelby L. Park, 18, Auburn, complained of shoulder pain. Ehmke and Park were trapped inside the Dodge, and Park had to be extricated. All three were transported to the hospital by ambulance.
Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
Jail Population: 131
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City