7:34 a.m. – Steve Romein, 512 N.E. Third St., advised someone was trespassing on his property, and when he yelled at the subject, he took off running. Dispatch offered extra patrol.
7:00 a.m. – Judy Robinson, 14 Dewey Ave., advised a Harner turkey truck had damaged her yard and it wasn’t the first time it had happened.
1:24 p.m. – Heaven Berry reported her vehicle was struck near 209 E. Oak St. by a green Ford Explorer driven by a Hispanic male who left the scene. A field report was made.
1:13 p.m. Melanie Wayman, 1215 W. Walnut St., advised her husband’s 1984 Ford F150 was struck while parked in the yard by the street and the other driver had left the scene. There was black paint transfer on the truck, and a possible suspect was named.
11:15 a.m. – An employee of Speed Lube, 416 S.E. Fourth St., reported someone tried to pry open the door of the Coke machine at the business. Access was not gained.
9:15 a.m. – A male and female in a dark-colored Ford Escape broke into the pop machine at Highway 57 Liquors, 409 S. SR 57, and took $10. An employee advised the incident was recorded.
7:37 p.m. – A caller reported a fight in progress at Maysville Trailer Court. At least one subject was reported to be possibly intoxicated. Both parties were advised to stay away from each other.
4:36 p.m. – A caller from Cannelburg advised he found drug-related items in his garage. The items were collected and a report was being written.
8:10 a.m. – A driver went off the road in Cannelburg and struck two mailboxes: 10608 and 10614 U.S. 50E. A field report was made.
Marlin Jeffrey Lewis, 43, Vincennes, was arrested by sheriff’s deputies Saturday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated/refusal and OVWI/endangering a person. He was released on $4,000 bond.
Mercedes Christine Smith, 22, Odon, was arrested Saturday by state police for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. She was released on $2,000 bond.
Laura Dawn Fleenor, 36, Vincennes, was arrested Saturday by sheriff’s deputies for possession of marijuana, possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of a Schedule IV controlled substance. She was released on $7,000 bond.
Amie Lynn Soltermann, 40, Washington, was arrested by city police Friday on a Knox County warrant for failure to appear on criminal conversion charges. She was held at Daviess County Security Center without bond for Knox County authorities.
Jail Population: 137
- Local News
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- Andrews to hold book signing on Saturday Southern Indiana author Sandy (Morris) Andrews will be signing books and meeting fans of historical fiction books at A Touch of Heaven Saturday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Andrews, from Cynthiana, a small town just northwest of Evansvill
- Friday's Area Briefs Clarification In the April 16 story "Daviess County hires help for human resource issues" that the Times Herald reported, the human resources contract was one of several agreements made this week by the commissioners. The commissioners also signed tw
- Sports Briefs Hatchets fall to Jasper JASPER -- The Washington softball team lost 13-0 to Jasper Wednesday evening. The Hatchets get no rest with road games against Southridge Thursday night and Loogootee Friday night. Washington coach Bret Graber has cautioned hi
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- More Local News Headlines
- High but not dry