6:29 p.m. — Officers were called the scene of a property damage accident in the McDonald’s parking lot between a red 1999 GMC vehicle registered to William R. and Amanda Thompson, 228 Ogdon St., and a white 1997 Ford registered to Thomas A. Crowe, Washington. A field report was written.
10:47 p.m. — An employee at Perdue advised a truck was in a ditch at Cosby and Clark roads and was blocking the roadway.
8:39 a.m. —Brian Hill reported a large hole in the roadway at Sycamore and Oak streets. He advised he hit it and busted his front tire. The street department was contacted and the hole was filled.
12:17 a.m. — A caller at 2213E 300S said someone had stolen beef from her freezer in the past month. The scene was investigated.
1:18 p.m. — A caller reported a car was floating in the West Fork of the White River. Deputies found a minivan on the east side of the river, but there was nothing to suggest anyone was around the van. The van was too deep in the river for a wrecker to tow, so it will be moved when the water level lowers.
Janette Marie Russell, 30, Washington, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Friday on a failure to appear warrant. She was being held at the Daviess County Security Center without bond.
Ashton Wagler, 19, Montgomery, was arrested by state police Saturday for operating a vehicle while intoxicated and minor consumption. He was released on $4,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 134
MARTIN COUNTY ARREST
David Baugh, 32, Shoals, was arrested by Loogootee police officers following a suspicious vehicle call at a residence on Riley Street that had headlights on and the motor running. Officers found Baugh and charged him with possession of marijuana, possession of methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of a family housing complex and traffic with an inmate. He was taken to the Martin County Security Center.
Cooking fire ruins home
Washington Fire Chief David Rhoads said there was major damage to a home at 1411 Tieman St. after a Saturday fire.
“It pretty well burnt the whole inside,” he said. “The structure itself is there, but in the majority of the house they pretty much lost everything they had.”
Rhoads said the structure was insured, but the contents were not. He said the fire burnt through the roof on one side, so it will need a lot of work to become livable again.
“It was a cooking fire that went bad,” he explained.
The call came in at 11:52 a.m. from Chelsea Hayes, who reported she was cooking and a trash can caught fire. She advised dispatchers she took the trash can outside, but the porch and a couch were on fire.
Hayes also advised everyone was out of the residence, which is owned by her mother, Amanda Howard.
“Amanda Howard and her daughter and granddaughter were there,” Rhoads said. Washington firefighters responded and were on the scene until 2 p.m.
--- Andrea McCann