WASHINGTON — 2013 WHS homecoming queen Hannah Mason was crowned on Friday night in the Hatchet House. She is the daughter of Jeff and Cindy Mason.
- Local News
- Field day to educate livestock producers WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - The Purdue University-sponsored Indiana Beef Integrated Resource Management program will hold a field day to showcase the benefits of bringing water to livestock grazing paddocks.The field day will run 2-6 p.m. Aug. 21 at the M
- North Daviess School Board approves handbook revisions North Daviess Superintendent Robert Bell updated members of the school board Monday night about progress on the corporation buildings. Several projects have been taking place at the elementary and junior high/high school buildings over the summer. Be
- Accident claims life of Camp Illiana director A late Monday morning accident killed the director of Camp Illiana. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department reports that around 10:44 a.m. emergency crews were summoned the Camp Illiana, 727 E. 450 S. in southern Daviess County where David Ira-Mitch
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 6:51 a.m. – Chad Burrus, 10 W. Van Trees St., reported the theft of an iPod from his vehicle the night before. A report was made. 1:58 a.m. – A female caller reported an accident on Southeast Seventh Street. A car hit another park
- James Mulkey OTWELL — James Keith Mulkey, 76, died at 4:30 a.m. Monday at his residence. The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John's Lutheran Church, Otwell, with Pastor Catherine Gallager officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. Vis
- Calling all community leaders Purdue Extension and Daviess County Extension are joining forces to bring Leadership Daviess County to the area beginning in September. The Community Leadership Program will consist of 44 hours of interactive educational opportunities to help individ
- Two arrested in Greene County murder case NEWARK — Two men were sought by the Indiana State Police Sunday in connection with a murder in Greene County. According to a release from the Indiana State Police, the Greene County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call Saturday reporting David La
- Human skull recovered from river Daviess County authorities are trying to sort out the details of a mysterious skull that was found in the West Fork of the White River over the weekend. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department said its officers were called to 1569 N. River Road aroun
- Accident claims life at Camp Illiana One person is dead following an accident at a popular Daviess County camp. The Daviess County Sheriff's Department has confirmed that Camp Illiana Executive Director David Bean died in an accident late Monday morning at the camp at 723E 450S. Authori
2 sought in Greene County murder
NEWARK - Two men are being sought by the Indiana State Police in connection with a murder in Greene County.
According to a release from the Indiana State Police, the Greene County Sheriff's Department received a 911 call reporting David Lamm, 54, Solsberry, had been killed at his residence.
- More Local News Headlines