10:52 a.m. – An employee of Emerald House advised that a patient’s daughter reported some of her father’s medication was missing and the theft had to have occurred between 6 p.m. Sunday and 10:40 a.m. Monday. Statement forms were left for everyone to fill out.
9:57 a.m. – Someone from the Street Department advised there was a trash lab in a 55-gallon drum on 612 E. South St. near Yoder Furniture warehouse. An officer advised it was no longer volatile and will be removed for disposal.
5:30 a.m. – Brandy Dubon, 812 W. Walnut St., reported the driver’s window was busted out of her 1998 Plymouth Breeze overnight. She said it did not appear entry was gained or anything was missing.
3:03 a.m. – Phupu Aung, 404 E. VanTrees St., reported her laptop computer was stolen while she was at work.
2:59 a.m. – Ptl. Buck Seger located a bike in Oak Grove Road by Ebenezer Church. He moved the green and yellow Mongoose to the church parking lot and a message was left with maintenance to pick it up and place it in the bike room.
11:45 p.m. – Paul White advised his wife is a librarian at Lena Dunn Elementary School and was at work when someone broke the passenger window out of their van.
9:12 p.m. – An employee of Dollar General Store, 900 W. Nat’l Hwy., advised a female shoplifter had been detained and requested an officer. Jacinta Dawn Owens, 311 E. Main St., will be long-formed for theft.
8:53 a.m. – Lynnette M. Girkin, 18, Loogootee, was westbound on CR 100S when she lost control of the vehicle she was driving, a 2002 Dodge Stratus registered to Shirley A. Girkin, on the icy road. She slid off the left side of the road, striking a telephone junction box belonging to Frontier Communications, Loogootee. Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
7:55 a.m. – Wyatt L. Helms, 16, Cannelburg, was northbound on CR 550E, near US 50, in a 1995 Dodge Dakota registered to Darren L. Helms. He was behind Henley M. Dant, 17, Montgomery, who was driving a 1998 Toyota Camry registered to Gena K. Dant. Dant slowed to stop for a stop sign, and when Helms applied the brakes to stop also, the Dodge slid on the slick road, striking the rear of the Toyota. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
7:55 a.m. – Meghan J. Wittmer, 25, Odon, was driving a 2003 Ford Explorer south on I-69 and was going down an exit ramp when she lost control of the vehicle in an icy curve on the downgrade. The Explorer went off the left side of the road and down an embankment, turning over. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
11:34 a.m. — A caller reported an accident without injuries on CR 900E. Both vehicles reported no damage.
Billy Jo Moore, 28, Petersburg, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Monday on failure to appear warrants for conspiracy to commit theft and criminal trespass and theft and driving while suspended prior. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $10,000 bond.Total Jail Population: 130
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City