10:52 a.m. – An employee of Emerald House advised that a patient’s daughter reported some of her father’s medication was missing and the theft had to have occurred between 6 p.m. Sunday and 10:40 a.m. Monday. Statement forms were left for everyone to fill out.
9:57 a.m. – Someone from the Street Department advised there was a trash lab in a 55-gallon drum on 612 E. South St. near Yoder Furniture warehouse. An officer advised it was no longer volatile and will be removed for disposal.
5:30 a.m. – Brandy Dubon, 812 W. Walnut St., reported the driver’s window was busted out of her 1998 Plymouth Breeze overnight. She said it did not appear entry was gained or anything was missing.
3:03 a.m. – Phupu Aung, 404 E. VanTrees St., reported her laptop computer was stolen while she was at work.
2:59 a.m. – Ptl. Buck Seger located a bike in Oak Grove Road by Ebenezer Church. He moved the green and yellow Mongoose to the church parking lot and a message was left with maintenance to pick it up and place it in the bike room.
11:45 p.m. – Paul White advised his wife is a librarian at Lena Dunn Elementary School and was at work when someone broke the passenger window out of their van.
9:12 p.m. – An employee of Dollar General Store, 900 W. Nat’l Hwy., advised a female shoplifter had been detained and requested an officer. Jacinta Dawn Owens, 311 E. Main St., will be long-formed for theft.
8:53 a.m. – Lynnette M. Girkin, 18, Loogootee, was westbound on CR 100S when she lost control of the vehicle she was driving, a 2002 Dodge Stratus registered to Shirley A. Girkin, on the icy road. She slid off the left side of the road, striking a telephone junction box belonging to Frontier Communications, Loogootee. Damage was estimated between $1,000 and $2,500.
7:55 a.m. – Wyatt L. Helms, 16, Cannelburg, was northbound on CR 550E, near US 50, in a 1995 Dodge Dakota registered to Darren L. Helms. He was behind Henley M. Dant, 17, Montgomery, who was driving a 1998 Toyota Camry registered to Gena K. Dant. Dant slowed to stop for a stop sign, and when Helms applied the brakes to stop also, the Dodge slid on the slick road, striking the rear of the Toyota. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
7:55 a.m. – Meghan J. Wittmer, 25, Odon, was driving a 2003 Ford Explorer south on I-69 and was going down an exit ramp when she lost control of the vehicle in an icy curve on the downgrade. The Explorer went off the left side of the road and down an embankment, turning over. Damage was estimated between $2,500 and $5,000.
11:34 a.m. — A caller reported an accident without injuries on CR 900E. Both vehicles reported no damage.
Billy Jo Moore, 28, Petersburg, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff’s deputies Monday on failure to appear warrants for conspiracy to commit theft and criminal trespass and theft and driving while suspended prior. He was being held at the Daviess County Security Center on $10,000 bond.Total Jail Population: 130
- Local News
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 10:27 p.m. - Jerry Gaither, 1422 Brett Cabel Road, said his mailbox was damaged. 5:14 a.m. - Ladonna Abel, 622 S.W. Sixth St., said a purple Harley-Davidson motorcycle was stolen. A report was made and a tip said they believed a ma
- New school security system going into place in Daviess County From the outside looking in schools in Daviess County don't appear to have done much to upgrade security this fall. There are no new fences, no gates, no guard shacks, but officials say the School Guard system is being put into place and should be re
- Coming Attractions Arguably the question on many minds in Washington is what's happening at the Indiana Theater? Many slow down or even stop on Main Street to see the work that is being done. Some have stopped to ask the contractors of SMart Construction to see what is
- Colts getting healthy as training camp opens ANDERSON — Reggie Wayne’s arrival Wednesday in an IndyCar driven by two- time Indianapolis 500 pole-sitter Ed Carpenter drew national attention.But the most important news coming out of reporting day for the Indianapolis Colts concerned the wide rece
- TRI-CAP RSVP offering Nashville Show Trip TRI-CAP RSVP is sponsoring a Nashville Show Trip through Diamond Tours from Nov. 10-12. The spacious, video and restroom equipped motor coach will leave Jasper for a three day, two night trip. The incredible price of $305 per person is based on doubl
- Community Foundation awards grants to help youth A pair of projects designed to help take on some of the problems faced by youth in Daviess County will receive a financial boost from the Daviess County Community Foundation. The Daviess Community Hospital and southwest Indiana PowerHouse each receiv
- Friday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 6:42 a.m. - Melissa Bath, 105 Mill St., reported her dog was stolen. Animal control was contacted. Wednesday 8:54 p.m. - A male caller said a black Pontiac convertible hit a utility pole near 810 W. Van Trees St. The driver is fa
- Odon gets ready for Old Settlers ODON - The 159th Odon Old Settlers festival will kick off the morning of Aug. 5 with exhibits for the Floral Hall being accepted from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. The event will run Aug. 5 -9. Projects in several different categories will be accepted. Monetar
- Expiring term heightens the urgency of lawmaker's mission State Rep. Rebecca Kubacki had plans for her return to the General Assembly next January.The two-term Republican from Kosciusko County wanted to exert “full force” to roll back a law that prevents the children of undocumented immigrants from paying i
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 11:28 a.m. - A female caller, 820 Axtel Ave., said a license plate was taken from her vehicle the night before. The tailgate was also scratched. 10:17 a.m. - An employee of Personal Finance Company said a female had parked her v
- More Local News Headlines