Joint meeting on Tuesday
The Daviess County Commissioners will hold a joint special public meeting with the Washington City Council and Sherri Healy, clerk of Daviess Circuit/Superior Courts, at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in Council Chambers, 200 Harned Ave., to discuss voting precincts and districts relining.
Stouse to speak at Ark
On Feb. 9 and 23, at 7 p.m., Timothy Stouse of Olney, Ill., will be teaching and leading intercessory prayer targeted specifically for Knox County, including mapping and identificational elements. He has led intercessory prayer groups for seven years and was involved in Southeastern Illinois Intecessors. His wife, Trenda, will be leading worship. Ark of Safety is located at 97 N. Monty Rd., Vincennes.
PC school board to meet
Pike County School Corporation Board of School Trustees will meet in executive session at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday to discuss collective bargaining.
Valentine’s Day for widows
The Fifth Annual Valentine’s Day Banquet for Widows will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 14 at two locations: First Baptist Church, Fourth and Washington streets in Bicknell, or former St. Mary’s School cafeteria, 200 W. Main St., Washington. There is no charge for the meal and entertainment will be provided. RSVP by Feb. 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 698-8557. A meal will be provided for $5 to a female attendant for any widow needing assistance.
- Local News
- City's gateway project about to hit full stride A road construction project designed to give the city of Washington a new entrance for traffic coming off of I-69 is underway. The $3 million project will build a new connector road between the U.S. 50 Bypass and Business 50. The project will also i
- Community Foundation awards $62K in scholarships Area students' achievements were celebrated Tuesday evening during the Daviess County Community Foundation scholarship reception held at the Washington Knights of Columbus. The scholarships awarded are all funds established through the Foundation. "
- Getting a diploma now more important for Hoosiers Obtaining a college degree, or even a high school diploma, was not always as critical to one's success as it is today. However, in order to succeed in today's workforce, a high school diploma is absolutely critical, and this is a realization facing H
- Sports Briefs Hatchets beat Linton LINTON -- The Washington baseball team defeated Linton 8-7 Tuesday evening. Washington used a five-run sixth inning to overcome a 7-3 deficit and pick up its fourth win of the season. Jake Bedwell led the Hatchets offensively wit
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 4:39 a.m. - A resident at 1207 Washington Ave. reported someone has slashed four tires on one vehicle and two tires on a second vehicle parked outside of the home. 7:05 a.m. - An employee at Chuckles, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reporte
- Thursday's Area Briefs Boil notice ordered Daviess County Rural Water System has issued a precautionary boil water advisory for customers on CR 450S east of SR 257 to the address of 4431 until further notice. I-69 beams to move on state roads Progress continues on the I-69
- City forms bicentennial committee for 2016 The city of Washington held its first meeting to plan the celebration of the city's bicentennial in 2016. Mayor Joe Wellman, according to a release, gathered a group of 25 at a local restaurant to start planning to celebrate 200 years of Washington.
- North Daviess cleans up at Crane CRANE -- North Daviess Junior and Senior High School students fared well at the 30th Annual Team Crane Science and Engineering Fair Wednesday at WestGate Academy Conferencing and Training Center. Over 120 students took part in the event that for the
- Wednesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 2:01 p.m. - Steve Myers, 604 Sunset Ave., said his strawberry patch was run over. A neighbor was contacted and the situation was resolved. COUNTY REPORT Monday 7:57 p.m. - An employee of Par-T-Pac liquors in Montgomery said two ma
- ND board looks at handbook ND board looks at handbook BY Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- More Local News Headlines