Cody Terrell, 20, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by Washington police on two counts of possession of marijuana and minor possession of alcohol. No bond was set. Andrew Lagow, 26, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by Washington police on four counts of failure to appear, common nuisance, public intoxication and possession of marijuana. No band was set.
Amber Bennett, 29, Odon, was arrested Wednesday by the Daviess County Sheriff's Department for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Bond was set at $2,000.
2:45 p.m - Officers were called to Walmart for three Romanian panhandlers.
The pandhandlers were written a warning and their sign was confiscated.
1:02 p.m - A complaintant in Montgomery stated that while at the store, someone tried to enter their home. No entry was made but there was damage.
10:28 p.m. - A complaintant on S. E. 5th St. observed a male subject on a moped jiggle the gate at the sewage disposal across from the old Co-op, and ride the moped inside the fenced area. Officers advised the subject was an employee of the waster water plant and had came to make sure the lift gate was open because of expected heavy rain.
Jail Population: 133
- Local News
- Upgrade on safety at bad intersections Next week Daviess County officials are expected to start a series of improvements to four intersections to try to make them safer. One of the intersections has been the location of multiple fatal traffic accidents, two others are near hills and have
- Wednesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 2:06 p.m. - An employee of Walmart, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, had a woman from Jasper who tried to take $500 worth of merchandise. The female's 2-year-old child was placed in temporary custody and charges will be filed against the fema
- More concerns about property conditions in town Members of the Washington City Council heard public comment on the condition of a property located at the corner of S.E. 11th Street and E. Nat'l Hwy. at their meeting Monday evening. Richard Barker owns property near the rental house in question tha
- Lack of alarm causes concern LOOGOOTEE - Former Loogootee mayor Brian Ader sounded the alarm about the lack of warning sirens during Monday night's meeting of the Loogootee Board of Public Works and Safety. Ader specifically mentioned the violent storms which swept across severa
- A Hatchet highlight of accomplishments The second edition of Hatchet Highlights is slated to begin Thursday. Hatchet Highlights is a evening of showcasing all that Washington High School has to offer its students, and it starts with a free soup dinner in the high school cafeteria and then
- Salvation Army marches through Daviess County The Salvation Army of Daviess County will continue to serve those in need in the community with the help of funds raised by the annual Red Kettle Campaign. All the donations raised in the county stay in the county to support local Salvation Army Serv
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 12:27 p.m. - Adam Vanwinkle, 812 Greenwood St., reported cash was missing. A suspect was named. Sunday 5:30 p.m. - A male caller reported a breaking-and-entering at an apartment at 511 N. Meridian St. Items were reported missing an
- County considers school shooter warning system Daviess County authorities are exploring ways to fund a new system to help police respond more quickly in the event of a shooting at one of its schools. The School Guard system was developed by some Illinois State Troopers and the Daviess County Comm
- This winter will pass... I hope This winter just doesn't seem to want to end; it will be one of those winters that will probably be talked about or compared to for several decades…I hope. Someday younger people will say, "Do you remember the winter of fourteen," instead of 1978. Th
- New attention on sex assaults Youth sexual assault in Indiana is a troubling issue that has not received the attention it deserves. That's about to change, thanks to the persistent efforts of Indianapolis Democrat state Rep. Christina Hale and a willing Legislature. The Indiana H
- More Local News Headlines