Cody Terrell, 20, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by Washington police on two counts of possession of marijuana and minor possession of alcohol. No bond was set. Andrew Lagow, 26, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by Washington police on four counts of failure to appear, common nuisance, public intoxication and possession of marijuana. No band was set.
Amber Bennett, 29, Odon, was arrested Wednesday by the Daviess County Sheriff's Department for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. Bond was set at $2,000.
2:45 p.m - Officers were called to Walmart for three Romanian panhandlers.
The pandhandlers were written a warning and their sign was confiscated.
1:02 p.m - A complaintant in Montgomery stated that while at the store, someone tried to enter their home. No entry was made but there was damage.
10:28 p.m. - A complaintant on S. E. 5th St. observed a male subject on a moped jiggle the gate at the sewage disposal across from the old Co-op, and ride the moped inside the fenced area. Officers advised the subject was an employee of the waster water plant and had came to make sure the lift gate was open because of expected heavy rain.
Jail Population: 133
- Local News
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- Highway of dreams approaching final phase For decades community leaders in southwestern Indiana dreamed of an interstate highway that would connect Indianapolis and Evansville. Now, that project is one contract from becoming a reality. The Indiana Department of Transportation and the Indian
- Andrews to hold book signing on Saturday Southern Indiana author Sandy (Morris) Andrews will be signing books and meeting fans of historical fiction books at A Touch of Heaven Saturday morning from 9:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. Andrews, from Cynthiana, a small town just northwest of Evansvill
- Friday's Area Briefs Clarification In the April 16 story "Daviess County hires help for human resource issues" that the Times Herald reported, the human resources contract was one of several agreements made this week by the commissioners. The commissioners also signed tw
- Sports Briefs Hatchets fall to Jasper JASPER -- The Washington softball team lost 13-0 to Jasper Wednesday evening. The Hatchets get no rest with road games against Southridge Thursday night and Loogootee Friday night. Washington coach Bret Graber has cautioned hi
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- More Local News Headlines
- High but not dry