The Bambini's ad in yesterday's Times Herald had an incorrect price. The Tuxedo Special should have read $115.49. The Times Herald regrets the error.
Commissioners to meet
Daviess County Commissioners will meet in executive session at 8 a.m.
Monday, April 8, in the Commissioners¹ Room at the courthouse to receive information about prospective employees.
Soup supper for Humane Society
Martin County Humane Society will hold a soup supper and auction to raise money for a shelter. Dinner will be held from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 6, at the Methodist Church annex. The auction begins at 7 p.m.
Musical at Lena Dunn
The 2013 WINGS musical will be presented at 6:30 p.m. Thursday, April 4, in the Lena Dunn Elementary cafetorium.
Admission is free and the public is invited.
- Local News
- Extension services celebrate 100 years Extension services celebrate 100 years By Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Local schools improve on graduation rates Every Daviess County high school improved on graduation rates for 2013, according to data from the state Department of Education released Wednesday. In fact, all the schools were over 90 percent of its students graduating. The state average for 2013
- SAVING lives While speaking at a national conference to fire trainers, Governor Mike Pence congratulated Washington firefighters and their role in Indiana's dedication to fire training. About nine years ago, the two firefighters, along with other members of their
- 4 stars for Barr-Reeve Middle-Sr. High School MONTGOMERY -- The Indiana Superintendent of Public Instruction has announced the Four-Star schools for 2012-13 and Barr-Reeve Middle-Senior High School is once again on the list. To receive the Four-Star designation a school must be in the top 25th p
- Today's police report CITY REPORT Wednesday 2:30 p.m. - An employee of Swifty's, 409 W. Nat'l Hwy., reported theft on two occasions. No other information was available. COUNTY REPORT Tuesday 9:27 p.m. - A caller reported two males were in an altercation at 101 W. Elnora S
- Wednesday's police report CITY REPORT Tuesday 1:41 p.m. - An employee of Chuckle's, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $10 in gas by a driver in a white Ford Ranger truck. 10:51 a.m. - Jordan Taylor reported an MP3 player stolen from his car while parked at 100 Ch
- New police officer, fireman sworn in at meeting During a swearing in ceremony Monday evening prior to the start of the Washington City Council meeting Mayor Joe Wellman welcomed Steve Ford to the fire department and Nicholas Durnil to the police department. Ford, 23, is a native of Covington, Ind
- Moose gets visit from Supreme Governor Last week local members of the Moose were treated to a special visit by Moose International Chief Presiding Officer, Supreme Governor Joseph R. Koons at Moose Family Center 1080. "This was a rare opportunity for the community to meet with Supreme G
- Daviess County hires help for human resource issues The Daviess County Commissioners have approved several contracts including one to bring some professional expertise to human resource issues. The commissioners agreed to a contract with the consulting firm Waggoner, Irwin, Scheele and Associates to p
- Council to hire 2 part-time employees LOOGOOTEE - The Loogootee City Council agreed Monday night to hire two part-time employees for the Public Works Department. One employee, who would earn $10 per hour, would work for 15 weeks, beginning May 5. Public Works Superintendent Bo Wilson sai
- More Local News Headlines