6:03 a.m. - Rita Guy reported an accident without injuries on E. National Hwy. and S.E. Second Street. An accident report is being completed.
10:39 p.m. - Diane Wilz said a male tried to break into her garage at 714 S. Meridian St. A short, black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt was seen leaving the scene.
9:38 p.m. - Doris Bauer said her daughter, Tiffany Ervin, was stuck inside the Daviess County Family YMCA, 405 N. Flora St., and the alarm was going off. Ervin was allowed to leave, but the alarm needed to be reset.
11:32 p.m. - A caller said a log truck was driving up SR 57 without taillights. Deputies made the driver aware and the situation was remedied.
6:56 a.m. - A caller at 1269N 1025E said someone drove through his fence and pasture. Deputies were notified.
Zachery Smith, 27, Evansville, was arrested by Indiana State Police Wednesday for possession of marijuana, operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of paraphernalia. He was released from the Daviess County Security Center on $6,500 bond.
Lisa Fields, 54, Washington, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff's deputies Thursday on petition to revoke a suspended sentence for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. She was released on $2,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 122
- Local News
One dead after shooting
Police remain on the scene of an early morning shooting that left one person dead. Washington City Police say they received a complaint of a male subject being shot and that the victim was later pronounced dead at Daviess Community Hospital.
Letter writer: Lane designations would help at intersection
I live near the intersection of U.S. 50 Bypass and SR 257 and saw the aftermath of the latest fatality last month. With a 2-year-old grandson of my own, my heart goes out to that family.
- Area school systems see settlement in lawsuit A $14 million dollar settlement in a lawsuit between the Indiana State Teachers Association and the Secretary of State's office will be putting money into some area school systems. The schools had invested in an ISTA health insurance plan that folded
- Ritz talks education changes Superintendent of Public Instruction Glenda Ritz stopped by Washington High School Thursday afternoon and discussed changes she hopes will be implemented to change the face of education in the state. Dr. Dan Roach, superintendent of Washington Schoo
CITY REPORT Thursday 7:27 a.m. - Police received a report from Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone just drove off without paying for $55.03 in gas.
9:07 a.m. - A resident at 505 Jefferson St. reported someone slashed all four tires on her
- Friday's Area Briefs Commissioners to meet Monday Daviess County Commissioners will meet at 9 a.m. Monday in the Commissioners' Room at the courthouse. Items included on the agenda: interlocal agreement; community corrections report; US 50/SR 257 intersection safety peti
- Colts trying to live in the moment heading into Sunday Live in the moment. That's the game plan for the Indianapolis Colts heading into this afternoon's road game with the Cincinnati Bengals (1 p.m., CBS Sports). With an 8-4 overall record and an AFC South mark of 4-0, the Colts can clinch the division t
- Floraellen McClellan PETERSBURG -- Floraellen McClellan, 95, died at 1:15 p.m. Wednesday at Golden Living Center. Born July 23, 1918, in Monroe City, she was the daughter of James W. and Dezzie M. (Rice) Jones. She was a member of the Women of the Moose in Washington. Sh
- Charlotte Miles PETERSBURG -- Charlotte Marie Miles, 78, died Wednesday at Amber Manor. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at Curtis Funeral Home in Winslow, with Rev. Larry Barr officiating. Burial will be in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery. Visitation is after 10 a.m.
- Looking to shake up the hardware business Wendy Jo Shake was trying to install vinyl fencing when her frustrations were getting the best of her. "I was trying to hold the brackets and screws in place and use the drill and it just wasn't working," said Shake, a registered nurse. "I needed th
- More Local News Headlines
- One dead after shooting