6:03 a.m. - Rita Guy reported an accident without injuries on E. National Hwy. and S.E. Second Street. An accident report is being completed.
10:39 p.m. - Diane Wilz said a male tried to break into her garage at 714 S. Meridian St. A short, black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt was seen leaving the scene.
9:38 p.m. - Doris Bauer said her daughter, Tiffany Ervin, was stuck inside the Daviess County Family YMCA, 405 N. Flora St., and the alarm was going off. Ervin was allowed to leave, but the alarm needed to be reset.
11:32 p.m. - A caller said a log truck was driving up SR 57 without taillights. Deputies made the driver aware and the situation was remedied.
6:56 a.m. - A caller at 1269N 1025E said someone drove through his fence and pasture. Deputies were notified.
Zachery Smith, 27, Evansville, was arrested by Indiana State Police Wednesday for possession of marijuana, operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of paraphernalia. He was released from the Daviess County Security Center on $6,500 bond.
Lisa Fields, 54, Washington, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff's deputies Thursday on petition to revoke a suspended sentence for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. She was released on $2,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 122
- Local News
- ND board looks at handbook ND board looks at handbook BY Lindsay Owens Times Herald
- Kelley sworn in as new parks supervisor Mayor Joe Wellman administered the oath of office to Kip Kelley, the city's new parks and recreation supervisor, on Tuesday. Present at the ceremony were Mike Singleton, president of the Washington City Council, and John Baldwin, vice president of th
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Thursday, April 24, 2014: This year you will have the opportunity to socialize and network till your heart's content. You also will see a long-term desire become a reality. Don't hesitate to go for what you want. If you are single,
- Coats rallies Republican faithful at Lincoln Day dinner Indiana Sen. Dan Coats called upon Republicans to get engaged in the upcoming elections. Coats made the comments in front of about 250 people at the annual Lincoln-Reagan Day dinner Tuesday. "There is a lot at stake and everyone needs to be engaged,"
- Sports Briefs Hatchets lose to Boonville BOONVILLE -- The Washington softball team lost in a Big 8 conference game to 3A No. 1 Boonville Monday night 10-0 in six innings. Senior pitcher Ashley Elliot went all six innings for Washington, striking out three. Washi
- Shuttered theater part of push to improve quality of life Shuttered theater part of push to improve quality of life By Mike Grant Times Herald
- New initiative aimed to keep teen drivers safe With three area high schools set to hold proms this weekend, a group of local elected officials and volunteers are working to educate teens on safe driving. The newly-formed group is the Daviess County Child Fatality Review Team. The team comprises o
- Shots fired at officer's homes in Knox County VINCENNES — Early Sunday, the Vincennes Police Department began investigating a report of damage to a marked city police vehicle parked outside the home of an officer. Upon further investigation, it became apparent that the damage was from a gunshot.
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 7:09 a.m. - Randall Dexter, 511 Maxwell Ave., reported a scooter was missing. Sunday 11:05 a.m. - An employee of Chuckle's, 201 N.E. Fifth St., reported a drive-off worth $7.40 in gas. The driver returned 15 minutes later to pay fo
- Barr-Reeve students reap benefits of 'Pennies for Playgrounds' MONTGOMERY -- Last fall, Barr-Reeve students in kindergarten through fifth grade raised money for new playground equipment that would be purchased through a matching grant through Gametime. During the "Pennies for the Playground" campaign, students
- More Local News Headlines