6:03 a.m. - Rita Guy reported an accident without injuries on E. National Hwy. and S.E. Second Street. An accident report is being completed.
10:39 p.m. - Diane Wilz said a male tried to break into her garage at 714 S. Meridian St. A short, black male wearing a black hooded sweatshirt was seen leaving the scene.
9:38 p.m. - Doris Bauer said her daughter, Tiffany Ervin, was stuck inside the Daviess County Family YMCA, 405 N. Flora St., and the alarm was going off. Ervin was allowed to leave, but the alarm needed to be reset.
11:32 p.m. - A caller said a log truck was driving up SR 57 without taillights. Deputies made the driver aware and the situation was remedied.
6:56 a.m. - A caller at 1269N 1025E said someone drove through his fence and pasture. Deputies were notified.
Zachery Smith, 27, Evansville, was arrested by Indiana State Police Wednesday for possession of marijuana, operating a vehicle while intoxicated and possession of paraphernalia. He was released from the Daviess County Security Center on $6,500 bond.
Lisa Fields, 54, Washington, was arrested by Daviess County Sheriff's deputies Thursday on petition to revoke a suspended sentence for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. She was released on $2,000 bond.
Total Jail Population: 122
- Local News
Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City
A Vincennes man died in a motorcycle accident on Friday afternoon south of Monroe City.
- Horoscope HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Sunday, April 20, 2014: This year you often put in extraordinary effort to make your dreams a reality. The toll that these efforts take on you could be high. You love living life to the fullest when you feel like you're 100 perc
Property taxes, short term loan discussed at B-R school meeting
MONTGOMERY -- The Barr-Reeve School Board meeting was opened for comments Thursday from school patrons and Lana Helms asked about the increase in the property tax statement that she recently received. Helms said it was about a considerable increase.
- Saturday's police report CITY REPORT Friday 12:57 p.m. - A male caller said he witnessed, while playing golf, a red Jeep strike a sign and a telephone pole at the intersection of Northeast 12th Street and Brett Cabel Road. A stop sign was damaged, but the Jeep was not found.
- Griffith Elementary turns 50 Helen Griffith Elementary is celebrating a milestone as the school turns 50-years old. Earlier this week, current students and staff at the school met on the playground for a photo to commemorate the anniversary. Students sat in the formation of th
- No Headline Provided Taylor Mr. and Mrs. Kenny Taylor will celebrate their 45th wedding anniversary today. Kenny Taylor and Ruth Lengacher were married April 19, 1969. The couple has one daughter, Sheila and Spencer Gingerich of Montgomery, and one son, Mark Taylor of L
- 'Forget the Frock' is a T-shirt with a real message New frilly dresses and tailored suits for Easter have been a tradition for many years, but a relatively new movement across the United States is changing that tradition for some local community members, as well as others across the country. "Forget
- Washington school transportation funding takes another hit The wheels on the buses are still going round and round for the Washington Community Schools, but the funding to keep them rolling all through the town is dwindling. The loss of tax revenue has caused the school board to look into funds other than th
High but not dry
The city of Washington is constructing a 600,000-gallon water tower east of the city. Here's some information supplied by the city on the new tower.
- GOP set for Lincoln-Reagan Day celebration U.S. Sen. Dan Coats will be the featured speaker at the annual Daviess County Republican Lincoln-Reagan dinner. The dinner is set for April 22 at the Padaco event center. "Senator Coats is always a big draw at Lincoln Day dinners across the state and
- More Local News Headlines
- Man killed in motorcycle crash south of Monroe City