6:27 p.m. An employee of Spinner's reporter the smell of Anydrous possibly coming from Royster Clark. No open valves were located and it was requested that there be extra patrol in the area.
6:57 p.m. A compliant was received that brush or grass was burning on Cosby Road. The fire was extinguished and the involved subjects were told not to burn.
12:07 p.m. A caller from the office of Dr. Schroud said a female had fallen out of a truck and struck her head. She was conscious but an ambulance was requested.
Total Jail Population: 128
- Local News
- Wine, Cheese and Art Festival to kick off Labor Day weekend Daviess County Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Bureau Director Samantha Bobbitt said this year’s Wine, Art and Cheese Festival should offer something for everyone, even those not interested in wine. Slated to run from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m. next Frida
- Sports Briefs Hatchets defeat Barr-ReeveThe Washington junior high tennis team defeated Barr-Reeve 5-0 Thursday afternoon. John Rook defeated Gage Wilson 8-0 and Braden Kixmiller defeated Isaac Wagler 8-6. Zach Gray defeated Brycen Graber 8-2. Nate Napier won in s
- Williams wanting to help peers with hemophilia Looking at Jonna Williams, no one would guess the spunky Washington High School senior who drives dragsters, lifeguards and is active in the WHS Student Council has Von Willebrand Disease, an inherited condition that can cause bleeding for extended
- Thursday's police report CITY REPORT Thursday 2:15 p.m. - A caller at JayC Food Store, 20 Cherry Tree Plaza, reported a red pickup parked in the handicapped area with expired handicapped tags and a dog inside and the windows up. The owner of the vehicle was notified of the e
- Lents honored at ISP awards ceremony INDIANAPOLIS — Two troopers from the Jasper District were honored recently at an awards ceremony at the Indiana Government Center. Sgt. Robert Gardner and Trooper Jarrod Lents were presented awards for their service to the state of Indiana. Trooper L
- Sports Briefs Loogootee defeats RivetThe Loogootee boys tennis team defeated Vincennes Rivet, 5-0, Tuesday night. Gabe Nolley and Landon Diamond won in straight sets at No. 1 and 2 singles and Landon Wittmer won in No. 3 singles in a forfeit. Ben Templin-Thomas Vi
- Legal challenges perform check and balance Recently some have questioned why the State of Indiana has brought lawsuits against our federal government. While this litigation is adversarial by nature, it is a necessary part of our constitutional process.What distinguishes the U.S. Constitution
- Gaming revenues rush over the border as Illinois expands virtual slots INDIANAPOLIS – Beer and barbecue aren’t the only draws to Daddy-O’s Bar & Grill in the small town of Paris, Ill., 15 miles from the Indiana border. The prospect of winning pulls in customers, as well. Since the neighborhood bar installed five video g
- New trauma rating for nearby hosptial creates confusion in Daviess County The Indiana State Trauma Care Committee, the State of Indiana Director of Homeland Security and the Indiana EMS Commission has a recognized Good Samaritan Hospital in Vincennes as an "In process" Level III Trauma Center. That new designation combined
- Wednesday's Police Report CITY REPORT Wednesday 1:14 p.m. - John Johnson, 605 S.E. 11th St., reported his van had been vandalized. 10:45 a.m. - Power outages were reported near Oakwood trailer park after a semi trailer struck a pole and took out power lines. Tuesday 5:49 p.m.
- More Local News Headlines