2:00 p.m. — Extra patrol was requested at Griffith Elementary, 803 E. Nat’l Hwy., for speeding vehicles when children are dropped off and picked up.
12:46 p.m. — Melinda Graber, 512 N.E. Third St., requested extra patrol because her 2001 Dodge Caravan was broken into and vandalized. The van was parked behind her residence and was unlocked. The control panel was damaged, but nothing appeared to be missing.
8:28 a.m. — Beth at Ride Solutions, 1001 E. Main St., requested extra patrol. The bench in front of their building was vandalized.
8:24 a.m. — Russell Maylin, 518 S.E. Fifth St., requested extra patrol. Someone was in his residence while he was away.
12:15 a.m. — Sgt. Greg Dietsch and K-9 Drago assisted Pike County officers executing a search warrant.
Drago indicated, drugs were located and three males were arrested.
10:33 p.m. — Laura Regaldo, 708 W. Walnut St., reported two subjects took her little brother’s gray bike off the front porch.
5:40 p.m. — A caller at 10325E 1450N reported his truck was hit while in his driveway. There were two red stripes along the side of the vehicle. A field report was made.
1:49 p.m. — A caller reported a combine on the back of a semi was dragging the ground because the trailer tires were so low. It was westbound on the bypass from SR 57. Dispatch notified the state police.
12:35 p.m. — A caller reported a suspicious male and female emerging from a wooded area on the Harner Farm, Cosby Road. The property owner gave officers permission to search for meth labs.
Roger A. Levi, 62, Washington, was arrested Wednesday by city police for being a habitual offender, possession of methamphetamine and possession of paraphernalia.
He was held at Daviess County Security Center on $7,000 bond.
- Local News
- Snow removal keeps crews busy Road and street crews are still out trying to clear the way for motorists following several days of snow and ice. About 10 inches of snow has fallen on Daviess County in the past week putting road clearing crews to the test. "Long events like this ar
- Gas explosion near Odon sends man to hospital ODON -- A natural gas explosion at Green City Cabinets just outside of Odon Saturday sent one man to the hospital to be treated for burns. Owners of the family owned and operated business said that a natural gas leak inside the engine building caused
- Tuesday's police report CITY REPORT Monday 11:46 a.m. - Haley Weddle said the stereo to her SUV was stolen while parked at Walmart Supercenter, 100 Bypass 50 Plaza, overnight. Sunday 4:07 p.m. - Daviess County Sheriff's dispatched relayed a call of a gas leak at 501 N.W. 11
Evans charged with murder in Burris shooting
Three Washington teenagers were charged in the shooting death of Devan Burris, 17, on Friday. Logan Dale Evans, 18, 312 Cable Ave., was arrested by city police as he and friend Heaven Berry, 18, turned themselves in on Sunday evening at Berry's apart
Shooting plays out on social media
The shooting of teenager Devan Burris has stirred emotions in family members of the young man and by those in connection with allegedly killing him. Burris, 17, was a soon-to-be father and girlfriend Kelly Fisher remembered him as a kind-hearted youn
- Daviess County athletic events postponed Friday All athletic events in Daviess County for Friday have been postponed due to inclement weather. The Evansville Central-Washington, Northeast Dubois-Washington Catholic, Barr-Reeve-Pike Central, Wood Memorial-Loogootee and Shoals-North Daviess boys bas
- Saturday's Police Report CITY REPORT Friday 2:47 a.m. - Police received a report from a resident at 312 N. State Road 57 that an apartment had been broken into and ransacked. Thursday 5:07 p.m. - An employee at Chuckles at 201 N.E. Fifth St. that someone had just pumped $20
- Book fairs help raise literacy rates across the land At Lena Dunn Elementary the annual winter book fair is big deal for more reasons than one. The timing is perfect for families with Christmas just around the corner and getting books into the hands of children is the key to improving literacy not just
- CSX retirees meet at Ponderosa Thirty-two CSX retirees met Dec. 2 at a local restaurant. Mike Cook gave the blessing. Mike Cook, Charles Tomey, Ray Catterton and Howard Detty each won a plate of pumpkin bread baked by Joyce Lee. Sam Myers won a pie from the Ponderosa. Also attendi
- Saturday's Area Briefs Survivor group to meet The Breast Cancer Sharing and Surviving support group will meet from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Specialty Clinic Room 254 at Daviess Community Hospital. Neat Feet clinic next Friday Daviess Community Hospital's Neat F
- More Local News Headlines